Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is how it starts.

I buy a Vauxhall Astra, 1996 P peg.

I notice that one of the alloys are missing, and the spare is on, so I ask the person who’s selling the car where’s the alloy, they said ‘’It’s in the boot, it had a puncher, and I haven’t had time to put it back on, it’s been repaired’’ so I think ok, fare enough, I’ll get my dads mate to put it back on at his garage.

He say’s ‘’ye just looks like it’s had a puncher, it’s alright to go back on.

So two weeks later, the steering started wobbling a bit, I though ok, I’ll go and get it tracked, and balanced. The people at the garage take my wheel of the car, and placed it on the spinning computer. He said that’s bent, and it could of exploded at high speed.

I think, ok I’ll try and get a replacement, I went to a few garages, and they said nah, they don’t do the wheel I need.

So I thought, I’ll try the Vauxhall dealer round the corner.

They want £165 for one single alloy.

They said they have to import them from Germany.

The name and code of the alloy is: IRMSCHER – Vauxhall part number: I 61-10-420

What’s everyone’s opinion please?

Can anyone direct me to a cheaper price?

How much for a full set, and where from?

Any advice will be grateful.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
26,533 Posts
irmscher wheels are quite rare 2nd hand.

And astra coupe turbo wheels are 5stud, not 4 as you need.

Post a pic of the wheel and you might get lucky, other than that.

Get some 17s on instead as it will probably work out cheaper anyway :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: i had them.....

elite 3.0 v6 said:
on my omega, i'm pretty sure u can get em from vaux's. keep the center cover to change over, no on will know the difference :D

Yep, Vauxhall said they can order me one, for £165, it's gona come direct from Germany.

·
Registered
16,891 Posts
just a thought.....

obviously it depends on how ur fixed, but 165 has got to be better than the cost of a new set of rims, if u aint got the dosh for a new set yet then u'll have to get it, if u have,get another set of rims and rubber. www.swtyres.co.uk do 16's and 17's at reasonable money.

gav.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone, I've paid the money for the new one.

The reason I didn’t bother getting the alloy refurbished, is that it can fine crack it, and explode, over time,

The companies which offer this service, don’t recommend it, and wont take no responsibility.

Thanks anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.