Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i noticed this site in a google search when i searched about my problem there.

Basically i bought some OMP brake hoses (front and back) and when i offer the front ones up to the bracket (welded to the chassis leg) they go right through it!

I always thought that the top part fits through, then the bottom half doesn't so you can pop the clip over the hose to hold it solid.

But this is not the case, i can't see any way to secure it properly. I'm afraid that after a while of turning full lock to full lock as you do in normal driving, the solid brake hoses (from master cylinder) will fatigue at the union from the solid hose, to the flexi hose.

Has anyone had any experiance with these hoses?

Any help would be really appreciated :)

Terry

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? no?

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TomGTE said:
Never seen hose like that before :confused:

Where there no fittings in the kit ?
Nope, nothing. That's it :confused:

I've E-mailed the bloke i bought them off on Ebay and am awaiting a reply. I'm not fitting them to my astra, If that part of the flexi hose isn't clamped tight, the flex from lock to lock will go through my new copper brake lines just at the union and fatigue it.

What other options are on the market? I've heard about black diamond, and goodridge....but i thought that with OMP, I'd be getting something that at least fits...i mean, it is a trusted supplier of safty products for rally/race applications.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Cant see them being fakes to be honest.

Standard ones have a groove in them that a spring clip slides into, holding the pipe on to bracket, those ones dont have it so they must be held in by other means.

The rear ones in that kit look fine, just the fronts :confused:

Thats my car in the pic with goodridge hoses, which fitted spot on with no probs.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TomGTE said:
Cant see them being fakes to be honest.

Standard ones have a groove in them that a spring clip slides into, holding the pipe on to bracket, those ones dont have it so they must be held in by other means.

The rear ones in that kit look fine, just the fronts :confused:

Thats my car in the pic with goodridge hoses, which fitted spot on with no probs.
See the rubber sleeve, behind there is a groove for the clip to clip into. But my point is that the hoses can go right through the hole!

With original hoses, you push the top through the bottom of the hole, and the fatter part of the union hits the bottom of the bracket, stop;ping it going up any further, the groove should then be exposed on top of the bracket where the clip can be fitted.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just bought some goodridge hoses, and they are exactly the ****ing same :mad: They look nothing like Tom's ones. They slide right through the bracket hole and everything.

·
Registered
27,217 Posts
could it be that your running the wrong shocks? By the looks of that hose looks like you clip it in where the ABS wire runs.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All brake hoses should go to a solid metal bracket though.

Both ends of a flexi hoses have to be clamped as the solid lines (which screw into the flexi hose) will fatigue under movement and split/snap over time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts