Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Sent you a 'mail.

What engine have you got?

I first did a full service, new cambelt, fuel and oil filters, oil, spark plugs and leads.

Then rolling roaded it and turned out I had stock 168BHP, but fueling was weak. Turned out to be that I did not have full throttle. Once throttle sorted, it made 171BHP :D

Tried K&N cone filter and it made 175BHP :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hi Stuart, glad to find another Omega owner :)

Strange that you find the Pipercross cone not to work. Problem with these engines is that they underfuel on full throttle, so when you modify the car, it runs too lean on full throttle and will actually LOSE power. (Proved this on a rolling road as above)

We even tried taking the backbox off but we lost power due to a weak mixture!!! :(

Have to say I don't agree with Superchips, what difference has it made to your engine? Unichip is much better as it can be tailored to your engine :)

Another mod you can do with the Omega V6 is to replace the complete air inlet trunking with a shorter single pipe that feeds both intakes. Car runs much better now, improved throttle response. If I can increase the fuel with FSE (next time rolling road the thing) I expect to see big increases.

Other than that, going to get injectors ultra-soncially cleaned, Jetex exhaust after the CATs, then a Unichip.

Other mods will be Koni shocks allround and lower it by 40mm using Chassis Dynamic Springs. :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hello, heres another 2.5V6 CDX :) So true, most Omega's seem to be given to men in suits! I have only seen one on the road that has been modded, and even then that was only alloys, lowered with tinted windows.

I have superchipped mine and initially fitted a pipercross cone, which I have to say was absolute pants. I've discarded that for a K&N element which works ten time better than the pipercross, So now i'm happy with my initial mods.

Have you got any plans?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.