Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Omega B electrical issues with alarm -Need advice-

766 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  z-let vec 
#1 ·
Hi

Hopefully some here can give some tip about what to do. My sister drives a 94 Omega B XEV and recently alarm started to go off all the time. Did some search on net but not much to find about it.
What I noticed was:

- Roof light goes off and on all by itself now and then.
- Roof light has been flickering while driving.
- Suspected door switches but no roof light when all the other doors was opened.
- I noticed that hood switch was slightly bent, can it be so sensetive? ( I`ve swapped engine recently also)
- While locking from inside or with key, central locks can suddenly pops open or won`t even lock when you leave your car.
- Why is there so short range on remote key? (standing close to drivers door all the time)
- Central locking can suddenly just open during nights leaving it unlocked.
- Hazard switch light have been flickereing and flash does get stuck (no turn signals)

Jan

See less See more
#2 ·
Power sounder?
When they get the old they start giving dodgy electrics... like dash lights things like that..

I'm not 100% if the omega has one.. but ifso it'll be in the passenger front wheel arch behind the foam.

I don't want to worry you! But if it is a power sounder, then it needs to go asap! They've been none to catch fire..
It's a problem with the vectra b.... just unplug it then unbolt it and drop it in a bucket of water to kill it!! The car and it's alarm will work as normal without it but you can fit a replacement if you rather it be there...

#4 ·
No it should be under the front wheel arch.. I don't know of anywhere else it will be on a vauxhall...

Remove the wheel arch liner, then the foam.. and you'll see it next to the side repeater

As I said before, I'm not 100% myself about omega but I don't see why it wouldn't have one as they are extra security feature...
Untill they try burn out the car of course lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.