Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now its run in its time for some good oil, what is everybody using, i was thinking a semi synthetic mobil 1 or vauxhall oil. ( i think let's run a bit hot for fully synthetic, and the sumps abit weapy )

and also looking at JohnA's website i found this bit about changing the oil pump spring very interesting, who's done it? is it recomended? it seems like peice of mind for me.

i think i will get rid of the standard spark plugs for some NGK BCP-7EV iriduim plugs also on JohnA's website. these plugs have super seeded to a new number so i hope they will do the trick still

ste

·
Registered
174 Posts
hiya mate i use vaux semi in me let,tried fully synthetic and it leaked like a bugger,had no probs with it sofar.also i use standard NGKs and had no problems with them either.didnt know that i should change the spring either,would be nice to know what the reasons and benefits of this are though

·
Admin/show reporter
11,663 Posts
I used VX 10/40 semi before, engine was happy with it, on monday I put Castrol RS 10/60 fully synth in and the engine seems happier on that, doesn't leak or anything either. Was more expensive though.

John.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I think you just drain the oil, unscrew the bolt holding it all in, and pull the spring out.

In the words of Haynes:

"Refitting is the reverse of removal, noting that things are bound to go hideously wrong at the last moment."

·
Registered
830 Posts
Aparantly vauxhall's semi isnt as good as you may think. Some thing about crushed hydro carbons .PASS . If you look at the no. on the tub it tells you the rating.

I changed my oil just before I went to the Nurburgring. I was having problems with it smoking on idol. Even though im on my second turbo for that reason from Turbo Technics. So I tried Comma X 15 40 semi (£12). I also added a oil addative .Its really gluppy when cold but like water when warm.

Ill get to the point it is loads better.Its stopped smoking and the engine runs quieter. I also put the adative into my gearbox to quieten down the straight cut gears and it did.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
My 118,000 mile LET makes 60psi on cold start, and 60psi by 2K RPM when hot. 60psi being the norm as far as I know. Doub't the spring would need to be changed on many/any LETs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.