Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, duno if you read my thread bout a noise i heard, well i think i found the problem....shouldnt this be connected:eek:;):Dlmao

Right, the bolt has actually broken! so i need a new bit that goes on the end u see? whats it called? how much am i looking @ :D

cheers all, also, what part isit in the manual, i looked briefly but couldnt find...cus i dont know what it is :Dlmao

·
Registered
13,676 Posts
nothing major, thats called an anti-roll bar link/bush and thay are about £6, you will need to find the diameter of the link as there are 3 different sizes

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
dont worry too much they go brittle and snap all the time.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Same happened on my Astra before christmas.
All I can say is good luck getting the new one onlmao

I ended up cutting the old one off with an angle grinder
Then spent the next hour twisting and swearing at the fecker.

Use loads of washing up liquid and twist the new bush on.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Measure accross the tip of the anti roll bar. There is enough poking out for you to get an accurate measurement

·
Premium Member
16,006 Posts
I would bet that it's 18mm. They are easier to fit if you get a non genuine one. I struggled like feck to squeeze a pucker Vaux one on:mad:

·
Premium Member
16,006 Posts
The arb is the bit that the lollypop goes around:D They come in three sizes i think, 18mm,20mm and 22mm.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
right, jst looked in hayness, cant follow it, it was saying stuff about supporting th engine:eek:
I dont need to do this do it? its jst a matter of taking thet old 1 off, screwing new 1 on, then lifting the arm bit and bolting it on through the hole yeh?

And its defo called ARB drop link? i didnt see that mentioned in the book, will halfords know what im on about if i say that? cus i sure hell dont know wot im on about:Dlmao

Also, do i need a tirque wrench for it:confused:

:) ta

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
Right

You need an 18 mil antirollbar link bush

Cut the old one off with a hacksaw its easier than trying to work it off. If the coating on the antiroll bar itself its flaking away take it off around the area where the new bush is gonna be, a bit of washing up liquid smeared on the antiroll bar makes life alot easier when putting the new bush on then push the bottom arm down and pop the bolt through the hole with the rubbers in place, put the new rubber on the bottom of the bolt under the wish bone then the metal washer and screw up tight.

Job jobbed and takes about 1/2 an hour.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
gav, the bit in the haynes is talking about removing the whole anti roll bar, you just need to replace the link on the end as said in the previous posts

gav's just gone down halfords so he says :D now without a miracle i think he's gonna come back with no answer still! give autovaux a ring and they'll be able to help you out.

·
Premium Member
16,006 Posts
Your local motor factors should stock one:cool:

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
cav-mad-gav said:
Right, the bolt has actually broken! so i need a new bit that goes on the end u see? whats it called? how much am i looking @
[/B]
I got mine for my Calibra last week, anti-roll bar ball joint, £7 each. New lower arm with bushes, £44 each from www.autovaux.co.uk.

There are two types of ball-joint, your one (which is the same as mine) or where the end of the anti-roll bar actualy bolts into the ball joint.

·
Premium Member
16,006 Posts
Come again:confused:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts