Registered
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this could be nasty i know i need a shocky and a tyre

but i think i'm going to get raped for the lack of a cat in the exhaust :(

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Did you know some cars can pass the emissions test without a cat? Tis true. You might be lucky enough but i seriously doubt it. As long as they dont notice its missing. Shocks are only bout 20bucks. Get a cheap wheel & tyre from a scrappy to get it through.. :)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
my chamade needs an mot, its up on the 5th. I meant to do it last month so the time would be added on but we had to bury my grandfather so the cars been put off. Now really not got the cash to spare.

£30 it may be but its either that or eat for the week! tax is up the end of the month to at which point its coming off the road anyway.

you not know a friendly garage for the emmisions test?

Anyway all you need to do is say the engines out of a 1991 car, test goes by engien age not car age and 99% will not want proof either.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I've got my MOT on friday. No cat (awaiting one from astrarally), worn rear shocks, some knackered bushes and blue led sidelights lol! Getting fair worried about it failing on something major actually!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
WeegieBoob - mind give your shocks a clean and dry before you go in. V little garages actually bounce the cars! If he cant see the fluid leak then hows he gonna know?? Benn done a million times over!

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shocking garrie :)

i dont mind if he actually finds them as their getting changed anyhoo once i get my koni adjustables. more the abs light on on the digi dash and a few other probs i'm worried about

might just run some black tape over the bottom of the digi dash if it aint there he cant fail it right?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
WeegieBoob - Aint the light gota go on then turn itself off? I got told this thats why i'm tryin to suss out whats wrong with mine. I have an abs light stayin on too.. I can lock up 1 wheel so i'm guessing its that sensor...

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
WTF? how about fixing the fault... driving around with defective shocks and tyres is a bit, er, retarded..

If the car is fitted with ABS, and the light doesnt come on and go off after self-test then it will fail the mot.

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
digi dash in my cav m8

abs is fubar

as for the shocks i've got a set of koni adjustbales to go on and the tyre will be changed at the mot station

abs is just getting ripped out tho

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Floella Benjamin said:
If the car is fitted with ABS, and the light doesnt come on and go off after self-test then it will fail the mot.

See told you so!!! hahahahah lmao @weegieboob!

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
If the ABS is getting ripped out you will need to remove the unit and replumb the entire system from the master cylinder, not a big job but needs to be done prior to mot. either that or replace whatever sensor is duff.

If the shocks are fecked then the car is dangerous to drive imo, it affects every aspect of the car from handling to breaking distance. So why not pull your finger out and fix the faults , rather than relying on the mot man to be on an off day?

Either that or just buy a dodgy mot lmao

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Ok then fair enough.. Can i get a sensor? ;)

Feloelrlovlovgladl - (sorry cant be bothered to try and spell) No point in him fixing shocks cause he is replacing them anyhow. Think he just need mot so he can get back on the road and get to meets n stuff. Doubt he will leave em like that.. :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts