Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a liist in thise post of who is coming. As long as there are enough people then it will go ahead starting at 12 noon

Location is here

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=557960&y=178820&z=3&sv=557500,178500&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

and we will meet outside the McDonalds which I am told should be visible once you get inside.

It shouldn't be that busy at that time and we can move a bit further in once everyone is there.

Its along way for me and others to drive so if there arn't going to be alot of people there I will cancel it

I need to know. Please post here if you ARE coming.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I will try my very best!!! Just hope the motor will get there! Text me on 07919613740 that every thing is ok to go. Sorry can't text back, no credit plus phone knackered

Gary

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
As there has been a wealth of response :rolleyes: and i have to travel 60+ miles to get there - i will still try to be there for around 12.

If things are quiet i wont be there at 12.30!!

for those going - look for blue opel "cavalier" reg M4 0PEL - come chat i dont bite lmao lmao

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
I couldn't make it, but this is silly.

MIG should just have a monthly meet on a certain weekend of the month in order for people to be able to plan that weekend in.

At the moment I don't arrange anything around a MIG meet because I never know when one is going to ocurr.

Please sort it out, because MIG meets are a great laugh.

No use threatening the day before that you might not have one at all! :rolleyes:

Although I must sort out my membership renewal! lmao :p

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I agree. This was my first meet, and although I had a laugh and that, there wasn't many of us there. I know it's not up to me to sort this out, but why not have a regular place/ time. Surely it doesn't take that much management.
Why cant we have an Essex meet/Sussex meet etc, all on differnt days so we can go to any one we like,instead of just the one?

Gary

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
It used to work well at the grasshopper - if we can find somewhere like that it would be good - I know a lot of people were put off by the traffic at Lakeside so didnt bother going - I know if I had known Lakeside I wouldnt have!
The meet was a total flop - noone there, I drove over an hour to go to PC World - fantastic. :mad: :(
I reckon a Pub near the M25 in central Kent would be the best bet, not too far for people from Surrey or Essex.

Gal that was the worst meet ever, give the next one a chance should be better mate.

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hang one, before shoots me or anyone else I did explain several times that members requested a meet closer to the East of the Region so they could come as they felt the grasshopper was too far.

Not one of those people turned up so they cannot use "Its too far" as an excuse anymore. I tried, they didn't, end of story.

I also said I didn't know anything about lakeside so was working a bit blind.

The Grasshopper probably isn't going to be a good idea as last time we were there a Seat Cupra drove at high speed into a wall and then drove off (nothing to do with us, we were all in the pub at the time). So I feel it best that we keep away.

Brian, give MIG your money you cheap sod ;)

Brian does have a point about planning ahead, this is my fault and I should do it and make this more regular. I will make more effort to do so.

As always I like to run this as a democracy so please see the new Vote Thread :)

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
I dont think anyones blaming you scott - if those people wanted to come along they would have.
It was just a bit of a flop - never mind - on with the next meet :D
I agree about the 'hopper, its really off the cards now due to that ****.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
think it might be a bit harsh voiding the grasshopper - (not that i ever went) a seat is not a vauxhall (thank god)

maybe a deal could be done with the pub landlord regarding a regular meet & associated discounts ;)

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not_Too_Fast! said:
think it might be a bit harsh voiding the grasshopper - (not that i ever went) a seat is not a vauxhall (thank god)
Oh theres more.

Said car drove into a wall in the pub car park causing about £1,000 of damage, then drove off.

The landlord came out and did not look impressed at all. I doubt he will care what type of meet it was, he could well group all car meets together after that.

I was planning to stay away for a while but not forever.

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
lol, will send a cheque off this week!

I think that's mainly why people can't turn up, just because it's an unknown date all the time.

I have a right laugh at MIG meets too :)

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
what was that other pub we went to once, you remember where we sat at the round table of love and watched brian s eat gammon steak and had a how much weight can brians camera zoom lift competition.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts