Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just having some BBQ grub then taken it for a 25mile round trip for the 1st oil change (in line with "Odders Rule" as it is now known in motorsport circles).

We've had it up and running for about 20-30mins to run in the cams as per guidelines and to look for any leaks. We then wipped off the cam cover to do the final sequence.

We've done an ace job (if I say so myself :D ) of modding the inlet hose to T piece in with the top hose.

We're gonna get the toolbox all ready in mum's car so if we phone she can just hop in and drive! lmao

Fingers crossed.

Simps.
:eek:

p.s. will post finished engine bay pics plus one of us at Wells-next-the-Sea 10miles away to prove we have left the driveway!!

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Well its Grin factor 10 were I'm sitting!

The throttle a little sticky and I've only got about half a throttle so more to come :D

just need to adjust the lights, get tracking done and put rear interior in - 1. to bring the back end down and 2. to drown the bloody noise!!

Simps.
:D :beer: :D

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here we go.. some updated pics of the bay at the moment.

Still ironing out some teething problems etc. The speedo isn't working on the digidash for some reason so need to sort that. The steering isn't quite right which i'm hoping is just tracking - would poor tracking cause understeer?

The brakes need a clean n lube and the rears adjusting.

Other than that now going for a 100mile(ish) round trip to the city and back to get a few more little goodies!

Simps.
:D

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
yeah if the tracking is THAT far out(i dont know how far out yours is) then it can cause some dodgy, and kinda scary, steering antics. it can get that bad that the steering is that light it feels like the front wheels are off the gorund, but its only that fact that a fraftion of the tyre is in contact with the tarmac. give alkl the suspecnsion etc a good goin over, shake all the front wheels from side to side and then top to bottomn to see if you get any play incase something is loose or worn.

hth

rodgerq

ps good job on the conversion :beer:

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anthony, yes - will be at PVS!!

I've been doing a couple of hundred miles a day the last 2 days seeing some of the nicer A & B roads of Norfolk :D. The handling has much improved and the front has lowered a fair bit. I think a lot of the handling is the fact the suspension kit is only a few hundred miles old then its been sat with no engine for 6months up on axle stands! Having the tracking done tomorow anyway.

Driving it is really good fun and I'm holding off (at the mo!) giving it the bigun and only going up to 4k and part throttle.

Had to go over to Courtenay's today to take some bits back I didn't need in the end and showed em the conversion and he was highly impressed with the workmanship and said he hadn't seen one this well done for a long time - which was nice! :D

thanks for the replies.

Simps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.