Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

Hoping somebody can help me as vauxhall dont seem to be able to! :(

Basically, prepping a H reg nova 1.4 SR (carb) for rallying. need to respray a few panels and the inside of the shell. Its Red in colour however im not sure what the colour cide is or name of the colour! Firstly thought it was flame red as when i sprayed under the bonnet it blended in really well. Sprayed a new front wing and now it looks a bit too light! :mad:

Any ideas from anyone who knows a bit more about this model of nova the real name of the colour or even the colour code? Any helps greatly appreciated!

Before i forget, also curious... is this car a mk 1 or mk2? i thought mk1 was upto 1990 and i think H is 1991? ive been told its a mk1 model though :confused: Again, if anyone can clear this up, much appreciated!

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Could be carmine red? It's a bit darker than flame red...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, cou;d be i guess, had a look in halfords and matched the paints and it looked a bit too dark but may look different when i actually apply it. its a thought... Anyone got a nova sr 1.4 as id imaine all red novas same as mine'll be same colour. if not ill have to go off and do some more homework! lol

Cheers

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Here's a Nova in carmine red...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses. Starting to think it may well be carmine red...

Now for the stupid question.. Would it be a mk1 or mk 2 on a H plate? :confused:

Im a bit new to the nova world. lol

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Does the headlights and grill look like the one above? Thats a mk1
Or does it look like this - mk2, the grill goes under the headlights

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
would the colour code be on the plate next to the VIN plate?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts