Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as some of you may know i have been hard at it rebuilding my nova LET over the ast couple of weeks tryin to make it in time for the scottish rolling road day next saturday. basically the headgasket was away causing oil in water, emulsidies, minging all the rest, plus the f20 and clutch were on their last legs.

remedy was f28 and cav gearchange set(makes 3" systema whole lot easier tof it), courtenay uprated clutch and skimmed and pressure tested head with silicon water pipes, braided turbo water pipes, new rad, header tank(modded for small connections) and vac hoses while we were there. also fitted a garret turbo, external wastegate and had the rest of the 3" system made up. also fitted wheel stud kit and lowered tiebar brackets. final new thing was wideband AEM 6 in 1 gauge.

we are keeping the slam panel off and i have extended the lights wiring to go round the back of the firewall. makes it much neater and stops the manifold melting them.

the pictures in the link tell the story, work from bottom and work up - excet for first pic. thats a pic of when i first stripped the head n f20 off.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v343/rodgerq/nova LET pics/?sc=3&start=all

and heres a short clip of it running

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v343/rodgerq/nova LET pics/?action=view&current=bf40459e.flv

and an even samller one of the wideband on the go

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v343/rodgerq/nova LET pics/?action=view&current=video-0011.flv

just need to finish a few things off, waiting on some more silicon water hoses and got some modding to do to grille as rad sticks out a **** load to stop it hitting wastegate

enjoy :D

rodgerq

BIG thanks goes out to AJBEK for all his help today and yesterday, the mans a grafter, lol. also provided a new gearstick bush for the cav linkage which is much appreciated!!

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Glad to see someone's been working hard lol. Cool pics! Exhaust looks like fun :D
Is it much hassle to wire in the AEM W/B setup?

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Exit location of the screamer is nice,not to sure about having it runing straight through the engine bay though,surly it get damn hot? The space at the front is making me think more about using a chargecooler rather than my rs500 intercooler,there just looks to be no room at all.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
minimal room up front, we had fun and games getting the turbo to intercooler boost hose in there due to lack of space and the radiator is dangerously close to the wastegate so they are going to have to make a bracket to hold the rad off the turbo. Will be an absolute beast when it is running though, I drove it with the f20 and kkk turbo and it was quick, even with a slipping clutch. Will be seriously rapid now. Glad you got the wideband working rodger, you get the fuel leak fixed?

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Sounds like its going to be an absolute beast when its done.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
once again rodger well done for getting it finished and running. whats the condition of the drivers side wing in your back garden on the white gsi is it any good, is it mark2.

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers lads

think thats a bonnet you can see dave.

turbo is just a cossie t3, cheap n cheerful till we can afford a gt28rs plus some other bits to fit.

wideband was piss easy to fit. two wires for power, one for ecu 5v output. we pulled tyhe lambda probe wires back through and connected the gauge output under the dash. then its just the actual probe wires to feed through the bulkhead, we've got it all coming through the ecu loom plug. looks fantastic :D

Robby, screamer pipe comes off the external wastegate - its all a method of controlling boost. the wastegate opens when a certain boost pressure is reached and the exhaust gases go out through the screamer pipe instead of round the turbine blades. and yes it WILL get really hot, lol, but if we get any bother we'll wrap it.

rodgerq

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
**** it matt, its a toy. we were meant to be gettin a bit of stainless made to tidy up the hole but we havent got round to it yet.

rodgerq

·
Registered
414 Posts
rodgerq said:
cheers lads

think thats a bonnet you can see dave.

turbo is just a cossie t3, cheap n cheerful till we can afford a gt28rs plus some other bits to fit.

wideband was piss easy to fit. two wires for power, one for ecu 5v output. we pulled tyhe lambda probe wires back through and connected the gauge output under the dash. then its just the actual probe wires to feed through the bulkhead, we've got it all coming through the ecu loom plug. looks fantastic :D

Robby, screamer pipe comes off the external wastegate - its all a method of controlling boost. the wastegate opens when a certain boost pressure is reached and the exhaust gases go out through the screamer pipe instead of round the turbine blades. and yes it WILL get really hot, lol, but if we get any bother we'll wrap it.

rodgerq
Nice one mate thought it was something like that, cool does it sound different to a standard set up?

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol its not called a screamer pipe for nothing :D

rodgerq

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah i'll get some footage and some flamage aswell :D

rodgerq