Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
So last few little niggles sorted out.

Change of brake pads and put it on it's wheels and it's RR ready.

Let's see what happens!!

·
Registered
72 Posts

Took the car to Sywell for the VBOA show.

There was a little test strip of runway for hooning about, had a few runs on Saturday and then early Sunday morning.

Too much lock and right foot led to a blown inner CV on the end of the equal shaft setup.

I think it had been knocking from brand new so may have been knackered out the box. I'm investigating plunge tomorrow and will check it all adds up ok.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It seems that when the drive shafts were measured I hadn't taken into account the adjustment of the lower arms for camber. Which ofcourse will push the hub further out.

We manufactured to some 10mm spacers today and I've added them.

All set and ready for tomorrow.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Track day at Blyton Park Reasonably happy with the car, some changes and adjustments needed, as always!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Popped up to Brands this evening to see a few pals who are on a bike trackday this weekend.

Sneaky sneaky to the end garage to use the weigh bridge!!

That's with a full tank of fuel so I reckon 755kg empty.

We didn't have a target weight in mind but thought 750kg would be a good place to be so I'm reasonably happy with that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Some minor changes before Cadwell

Adding a swirl pot and lift pump

All set to be plumbed in next week

·
Registered
72 Posts
Few little updates before Cadwell on Sunday.

Popped over to see Mitch at Pro-line and we sorted the plumbing for the swirl pot

Put less than 2 litres in the tank and it fired up and ran which is mega, just need to re-set the level sender settings and we're done.

Added these residual pressure valves to help prevent pad knock back

One for the front brakes right near the M/c, as we think the issue is up front. Also added one for the rear brakes too. Both hold 2psi in the line to prevent the fluid from draining back and allowing the pistons to retract. Time will tell if this is successful.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It was a good hit!!

We pulled the front wings off of the wheels, ripped the splitter and valence off and I went straight back out.

Tracks straight, brakes in a straight line. Felt fine, Ben seems to have made a strong car, the barrier there is especially soft too, it's got massive foam pads infront of the tyres to protect the bikers when they crash. Radiator took a whack and it's a little bit bent but still holds pressure.

I also hit right on the join of the barrier where the access road is so the barrier was extra thick there!!

I drove the car from where it crashed back to the pits, which I was pretty amazed by!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
P2L’s are the tyre to be on in the rain!!

Managed a 1:02 at Brands on a damp track.

Got black flagged for noise just before lunch which put a
dampener on things!!

Little video, barely more than half throttle at any point in the video as they told me another black flag would end the day.

I had the legs on the GTR but couldn't use full throttle cos of the noise!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Few minor little things.

Went back up to track and road to check a few bits and bobs.

First up was noise reduction, I used this at Cadwell previously and wanted to check it didn't affect the AFR as sometimes air boxes can cause problems

Pleased to report no change at all and although it's hard to check when inside it did reduce the decibel meter reading by a few decibels so we'll see what happens

Another little plus was that we actually made 250.6bhp but slightly less torque but I'll take 250bhp however I can get it!

Jim and Steve said fuelling is very very safe and with a bit of leaning 255+ would be achievable!!

So, air feed for the air box, hose is too long as I've got a reverie airbox on order and don't want to cut it down yet, headlight needs painting, both temporary solutions to see if it makes a difference

Also, crash damage repair!!

Might see if I can get a brands day in next week see if any of it has made a difference.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got my proper air box from reverie fitted up.

Mega impressed, lovely looking bit of kit, had to offset it to the left to clear the dry sump tank but it's there.

Hoping that kills the noise.

101 - 120 of 130 Posts