Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not too much today, Ben finished the rally stands, they look proper!!

Plenty of room for skinny old me to fit under

Whilst Ben was cracking on, I looked at a wheel speed sensor, I turned up a little stud, that will be held in with resin on the finished CV, then set about making a bracket to hold the sensor, bit of jiggery pokery

Oh and we threw the headlights on to see how it would all look. Reasonably happy with it

The big job list is complete and we're onto a few smaller fiddly jobs now.

Fingers crossed off for exhaust manufacture next week, we'll see if it can be fitted in.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Today was a bits and pieces day, getting stuff ready for exhaust Monday.

I'd been told that fibreglass bonnets lift in the middle and are prone to cracking, didn't fancy this, I'll take the extra weight over not getting the bloody thing painted every 5 minutes

Ben was hatching a plan, he was walking around the workshop scratching his head, picking up bits of material, looking at it, then putting it back, he decided on this

Then he fired up the mill and an hour later had produced this, to say I was impressed would be an understatement, his skills are next level

I turned up the little end plugs on the lathe, they were Tig welded in and then tidied on the mill

A second one soon followed and the fuel cradle system is now complete.

I was busy bolting wheels on and we dropped the shell onto it's wheels for the first time since March 2017!!

It's on some box section rear shocks as we didn't have any in stock, the fronts are just some spares that were in stock

On the trailer Monday and off to the exhaust guy to work his magic.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Neat tool for drilling the jack/stand inserts and should be dead square!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Good work there, good little workshop too. I really need somewhere like that!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Collected from Edwards Motorsport after Mike pulled out all the stops and worked over the weekend to get it done for me, as some personal stuff meant our original collection date no longer worked for me.

His skills are next level.

Another job crossed off.

Mock up began immediately that I got the car back to Bens place as it's being dropped off for all the plumbing to be done Thursday morning

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mocked up and ready for Mitch.

Will be dropping it off tonight

We've decided on ProGold fittings and Kevlar over-braid hose. I decided on black fittings with gold ferrules.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Very nice work, like the large muffler as the weight cost is negligible and they can really bring down the noise levels - on that, the TBs can be really loud as well (like the old Weber/Del'orto equiped race/rally cars), so you may need to use an air box?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got it straight back to Ben's and cracked on!!

Front suspension on aswell and some stuff inside forgot to get pics of that!!

Engine will be in by 10am tomorrow, back on it's wheels and back home to my workshop for the real fun to begin

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bit more progress

Oh and I've wanted a wheel hook ever since I've had a removable wheel!!!

Just waiting on the resoviour to M/c lines which I should have tomorrow and I can get it all bled up and brakes working. So by Friday it'll be very almost complete.

A few minor niggles, the coolant drain won't seal so I've ordered a dowty washer for it and I ran out of extinguisher pipe so couldn't finish the last nozzle.

81 - 100 of 130 Posts