Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all...

Some of you might remeber I posted up just before that server crash and im pretty sure my thread disappeared in that lol! My windows are annoying me (Corsa GLS 00'). They go down about 2/3rds of the way (both!!) Im pretty sure its not accident damage (why would both get stuck in the about same place??)

I had the door skin off today and its not the runner down the side, and the motor is fine, I think is the cog bit and arm that actually pulls the window down. It seems to foul against the door and try and push the door out to go down, but just cant do it...

What does anyone suggest? I need some help on this!!

TIA

·
Registered
10,010 Posts
sounds like they need resetting. There's a way of telling them where they should be when they're fully closed (ie closed!) by holding down some button or other while you do something else and juggle 11 balls with your nose. Someone'll tell you what the proper procedure is...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'm 99.9% sure johnny is correct ;)
Try resetting the windows following the correct procedure :)
I think for the corsa it is.. Window up, and hold switch in up position for a few seconds, then window down, and hold switch down for a couple of seconds, then up again. It should re-define the range over which the window operates.
You might need to take the battery off first to reset the system.

·
Registered
10,010 Posts
If it's being stopped by something then you need to sort out whatever's stopping it. But if both windows have the same problem and they used to be fine and nothing significant has happened in between then i guess they need resetting.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
JohnnyDMonic said:
If it's being stopped by something then you need to sort out whatever's stopping it. But if both windows have the same problem and they used to be fine and nothing significant has happened in between then i guess they need resetting.
Ayye, it is highly unlikey that what might be physically blocking one window is also blocking the other window in exactly the same place, lol.

·
Registered
312 Posts
mine does the same on the drivers side , but if ive just washed the car it works properly . i think the glass gets dry and sticks going through the door.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought the car with them like that! But ill go try the up down thing now... well in a min when i can find some shoes! But I cant be bothered to take the battery off - might get dad to try with me tomorrow - better check ive got the radio code! But im pretty sure th epassenger one is fouling agaisnt the door as it really tries to push a bit of the door out... Not 100% surea bout the drivers one...

Ill go try!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
p16vlv said:
mine does the same on the drivers side , but if ive just washed the car it works properly . i think the glass gets dry and sticks going through the door.
There is a safety sensor on some of them, so in the event of an obstruction, like say somebodys hand in the way of the window going up, it will stop the window so as not to do any damage! I haven't a clue how this works though :(

·
Registered
312 Posts
andrew_lumb said:
There is a safety sensor on some of them, so in the event of an obstruction, like say somebodys hand in the way of the window going up, it will stop the window so as not to do any damage! I haven't a clue how this works though :(
is his problem with window going down not up. to set them all you do is take the window up all the way and hold it till you hear a click .

·
Registered
23,732 Posts
You can get silicone lubricant for the window seals if its that that is causing the problem

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Dom said:
You can get silicone lubricant for the window seals if its that that is causing the problem
Do that and ignore all this nonsense about pressing the button till it clicks, thats for reseting the one touch windows after the battery has been disconnected.

·
Registered
312 Posts
djpowelly said:
Yeh because my windows go up and down "automatically" ie one touch, they just both get stuck so far down... Where am i appling this grease to then?
well your windows must be different to mine because if i dont reset them i have to hold the button down to close them all the way.

·
Registered
23,732 Posts
Mine both get stuck on my Cav halfway down. Looks like they arent aligned properly as if you grab them and give them a wiggle on the way down they free themselves up.

Try pulling yours slightly sideways on the way down - they could be going down at a slight angle and need realigning

1 - 20 of 22 Posts