Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above but not mine!!. ( which is nice!! )

Went to Avon Park 1`4 mile raceway on Sunday, the event was for Mini`s but any other car could compete on the 1`4 mile strip.

Anyway an aRSe Turbo got pitted up against Vauxhall`s finest the Gte 16v, I thought "good I`ll be able to see the aRSe Turbo get blitz", the 1`4 lights went green the valver was spining and then BANG! the valver stopped dead and the aRSe Turbo went :mad: .
Found out minutes later that the valver had dropped it`s clutch all-over the strip :( .

Naturaly the aRSe Turbo was smug he had another run against a 1.0 Mini and suprise-suprise the aRSe Turbo left it for dead.
The aRSe turbo thought he was top man by that time, I just thought need something quick to show the aRSe Turbo then the tables were turned by a MINI!!!.

The aRSe Turbo thought oh a GREAT challenge another Mini to kill..( little did he know that the Mini in question was a monster 1380 killing machine! )... the lights were at amber nearly ready to go the revs were high the lights went green then BANG the power was put on the track the aRSe Turbo did`nt stand a chance the Mini wiped the floor with the oil burning piece of scrap!!, realy BIG smiles from me :) :D :D and a REAL BIG applause from the croud and myself!! .
That were the last time the the RS turbo went on the track and I left feeling a sence of well being and happyness!!..... :) :) .
People there were Mini`s there doing 12.5 1`4 mile times :eek:.

[ 16-07-2001: Message edited by: Mart ]

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
Wasn't the mini i see in Southend with a Metro turbo engine in is it? That thing is ballistic and the bloke who drives it struggles to do anything but torque steer and make good people cack their pants as he wooshes past their parked up motors.

Shame bout the valver, sure oddball, Gary, Mavvmad or anyone else would take the challenge and restore things to how they should be. :p

Sure it wasn't some parallel dimension, Rs turbo beats a 16v GTE that blows up? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Theres a bloke up here in Hull who has a mini with a Caligra Turbo engine in. Now that IS ****ing scary.
My clutch also went. I was going to show someone in a SRI what a proper Cav can do. I ended up looking like a ****!!!!!

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Miniturboed will tell you how violent the torque steer are on then silly machines, I know from first hand experience when I drove one :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: .
Best thing about them turbo tubs are the look on people`s faces, they must look something like this :eek: :eek: :eek: LOL!!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
just goes to show never judge a car on its looks my mini was brown but had a metro turbo engine in as one rather anoyed bmw driver found out,also suprised a sunny gti-r at the lights to my mate mart's amusment!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was the Turbo Tubs finest moment, Absolute Quality mate!!! ;) .
Thought that bm driver was going to start to cry poor bm LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thinking of getting a lightened duplex chain and gears which will give the tub abit more go. As goes for the brakes I`ll need a miricle to stop!!, the competition shoes should :rolleyes: help?? ;)

[ 17-07-2001: Message edited by: Mart ]

·
Registered
378 Posts
if you're fitting a duplex remember to get those short drum brake screws to replace the timing cover bolts,got detailed info in that book rally;pop'pop's got anyway im going out for a drive in the tub'put that regulater on today and is much smoother and quicker in 1'st and 2'nd why this is i dont know but it keeps me entertained!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.