Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would havin the wrong type of coil cause my car to have no spark an no fuel, ive dropped a 2.0 8v in my corsa, its crankin over an im gettin all the dash lights etc but theres no spark, no fuel an no management light. Ive went over the wiring twice an it all seems ok an everything seems to be connected

any ideas?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are yous sure this would get it goin, ive the totally wrong coil for it at the moment, i.e - it not bein the coke can type. i would have thought that was the cause.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
if you have no spark,no fuel and no eng management light on with the ign then it all points to faulty fuel relay as said above

·
Registered
515 Posts
Have you got the engine loom wired up to the switchable live wire? their is a black wire in the loom from the donor car that you need to put either onto the batter or to a switchable live. you can see said wire as it will appear to go to no-where next to and between the battery and where the water enters the engine at the side.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive the black wire running into a black on the car loom. I think ive all the earths on, ive checked the wiring twice, anybody know wat all the earths are an where. ive the 2 for the fuel rail an one off the bk of the manifold for the battery. There shouldnt be a crank sensor on a 8v version, never seen one anyway.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
right i replaced the relay, now have ecu light an fuel. Still no spark though, its gotta be the coil this time, wat do yous think? im thinkin i need the proper one, im usin the orig 1.2 coil at the min?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
well you can't really say with out trying the proper parts first , its all just stab in the dark.

check the ignition coil is getting 12v when ign is on

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im near sure its the coil, the loom i got had a coke can type coil an im usin a completly different thing off the old 1.2 engine. i could be wrong though.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
if your getting fuel then its trying to spark

it wouldnt inject fuel at all if it didnt think it could spark

i guess the coil your using simply isnt right, get the proper one for the engine

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
still no spark with proper coil, puzzled, is there sumthin ive left out? how would i test the coil is gettin 12volts?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wat colour of wires need to go on the postive an negative terminals on the coil? ive green running to the negative an black running to the postive, ive a feeling this is where im all wrong

1 - 20 of 28 Posts