Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe in me.. again i have problems with oil pressure.. My guage(digidash and external) shows 0 of oil pressure, in any rev. I changed my rods bearings, and test, continuous 0 of oil pressure. Whats can be? The crank bearings weared? My old rods bearings, was so weared..
Whats is your opinion? I need re-build(for change the crank bearings), or can be oil pump?

P.S: don´t have leaks..

:( :( :(

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
It won't be the main bearings or any other engine thing.

The sender will be fitted just after the output of the pump (or it should be) so bearings etc won't have any affect on it.

Oil pump pick up may be fitted correctly but it may be clogged, it may even be cracked.

The relief valve may be jammed open.

Also the engine can run ok for a while with no oil circulating so as logn as you haven't been revving the arse off it in order to get pressure you should be fine.

Chris

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
really thanks for the information. I will check the relief valve. And if the problems continuous, i will get off the pump and check.
Im so happy about your message, because i wont like re-build me engine now, my engine is new, have only about 20.000 miles of use.
One time when my engine stay with 0 pressure of oil, have a time, that suddenly, the pressure goes up, but, when i start engine again, continuous 0. I didn´t try a lot of times, because i have fear of serious damaged my engine when running in 0 of oil pressure.

Thanks friend!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts