Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

newbie with a central locking issue/question

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  asim_1997 
#1 ·
hi folks, Stevie from NI as the username suggests lol. anyways, i bought a 2001 astra sxi about a week ago and was told the Key Fob needs a new battery. upon opening the key i find its empty, just a case with the imobilizer chip stuck inside. so i want the central locking working on the key so what are my options folks ?? can i get the internals for the key from another car and have it programmed to mine ?? i have a full 2001 corsa sxi if its any use. Cheers, Stevie

#4 ·
any same style key from scrappy will do need to swap key part over for ignition should just pull off key fob bit.
Then need someone with OP-Com to come round and programme it to the car.
some style of button pressing whilst setting control module to 'learn' the new key

#5 ·
Cheers, will have a ring round my local auto sparks for a programming device :) can get a key for the internal buttons no bother but will I need to change my transponder ring and chip in the key then ? I'm used to working on old Toyotas lol. Modern stuff does my head in haha

#6 ·
the small chip in your original key should stay with the key part. that will get swaped over to the new fob with buttons
no need to change transponder ring unless you change the small chip in the key. the circuit board with the buttons on has no effect on the imobiliser

#7 ·
thanks again buddy, spoke to an auto spark today and he told me 55 quid and that includes the internals :) get my own internals and its 25 quid. now he said there are 2 types, alarm version and non-alarm version. im guessing mine is the non alarm version as ive been using the key to open the door the last 2 week odds and havnt set a siren off, no sign of any led either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.