Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted my Blueflame exhaust today, have to say for the price it was the fit is excellent. I would recommend Blueflame to anyone who is considering a system for their Mk4 :nod:

Decided it was a 2 1/2" bore compared to what i think is the 2 1/4" standard system

Anyways..............

Timing couldnt be better, old one was a bit worse for wear

Old and new

And fitted

And a before and after shot

Didnt take much longer than an hour other than the fact my rachet wouldnt fit the gap to remove the front section so a trip to Halfords was called for and got a bargain set of rachet spanners for £30:beer: Had to cut the rear valence as expected but got away with only about an inch having to be removed as the fit was so good.

Started her up and it sounded very nice, cant hear anything from the front of the car other than the standard DV when you rev it, go to the back of the car and its a nice deep burble, sounds good when booted on the road and not really noticable with normal driving:D

Top marks Blueflame :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LEE69 said:
Loaads better,really suits it.

Does the new rear box have other hangers,that arn't shown in the pic?
It has a bracket you wrap around the end of the box and bolt shut with the 2 proper hangers on Lee.

·
Admin/show reporter
11,663 Posts
Next job - LOWER IT!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Is the bracket adjustable? I.e can you perhaps bring the tail pipe up slightly so it sits more fully in the valance, if you get what i mean? Otherwise looking good :cool:

·
Admin/show reporter
11,663 Posts
should have let me loose on it with the grinder

·
Administrator
61,461 Posts
0ddball said:
Looks much better hun, :) :beer:
something your not telling us?

looks good dude,
is it just a nut and bolt on the front pipe? no springs or anything?

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
im suprised the original was so battered, either way looks good

how much did ya pay out of interest

·
Registered
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah the front pipe didnt have a spring, the springs were connecting the back box to the main pipe.

See the flange on the end of the old back box?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts