Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got court appeirance on feb 25th, no insurance, test or licence as i did not produce my documents. i was insured but not for that car. i have a licence and the car was tested. there was only 1 pig there so what do you think the best thing is i should do? n e help thanx:beer:

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
The registered keeper isnt necesseraly the legal owner ;) does your insurance cover you to drive other cars?

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my insurance does know but it didnt then. any idea's?

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Speak to a solicitor.
I was in a similar position many years ago, no insurance, tax, mot, unroadworthy car etc etc and getting a solicitor was the best thing I could have done and I only wish I had done it sooner.
Ok it cost me $$$ to hire one but in the end it saved me a lot as my fines could have been larger.
The courts dont like being pissed about. I initially tried the "send them lots and lots of paperwork in an attempt to confuse them" method but its all a waste of time. The date and time of you getting stopped is logged, your insurance may cover you now but a single phone call will show it didnt at the time, they already know you never bothered to show your licence etc.
Get professional advice before you dig yourself deeper.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Just had a quick word with a legal friend..

Failure to produce documents - 3 points plus a fine

Driving without insurance - 6 to 8 points plus a fine ( £100 to max £5K, depends on salary )

Put them together, and you're probably going to lose your licence, possibly for up to 3 years. A good defence solicitor will definitely help, but the best you may be able to hope for is a shorter ban.

Sorry

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
ah yes but they never go for failure to produce docs. they always go for diriving without....

been there twice just to piss them off for wasting my time.

I waste theirs through paperwork and organising a courtroom just so i can turn up with fully legal docs.

Serves them right for being a set of c*nts in the first place.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why wot do you mean fenix? any help u could give me would be great. thanx man

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i didnt produce cus i knew i didnt have any insurance, my mates have got away with it in the past but i just got 1 of the bstard pigs

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Yes Oddball.

They were just fecking around because i was a young lad. Both times at end of month so obviously trying to get figures up.

When i turned up in court they checked the docs and that was it. i was on my way.

Don't really have much advise that could help you chris.

Which insurance company were you with at the time? Were you fully comp, tpft or tpo? Was it your own policy or in your parents name.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my own policy, 3rd party f n t. i am now fully comp though

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Which company were/are you with? What date does the fully comp cover note start from? What was date of incident?

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the fully comp started 14/10/2002, got pulled 20/09/2002. i didnt here anything within 14 days of not produceing though

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
In this case i don't think the 14 day rule stands tbh although might be worth checking with a solicitor.

You can't really blind them with science as theres a distinct gap between the offence and you going fully comp.

You still haven't said which insurance company you were with tpf&t. he only reason i ask is certain companies CIS for instance allow 3rd party drivers to drive other cars and not many people realise that.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
was with tesco's, they didnt allow you to do that. i'm with cis now, looks like i'll be driving my LET nova on my very own (private test track then) when its finished :mad:

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
Yeah sorry mate.

I'm all out of ways out.

I'd sepak to a solicitor and see what they say as dirivng without insurnace is a pretty serious offence. Even if you plead that you didn't realise you were breaking the law and they give you 3 points and small fine the endorsement will cost a fortune in Insurance premiums.

If you do end up going to court. Make sure you look like you've no idea what you are doing. When i went to court i didn't know what I was doing and it made it obvious it was a first offence for me so I got off quite lightly.

What were the circumstances for you driving the car you weren't insured on? Who's car was it? Soz to ask so many questions fella but i'm just trying to help.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its o.k. mate about all the q's. i was taking the car for a test drive. before i bought it.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I got done for no insurance. I was 16 on a motorbike. I produced everything but insurance. You can get 6-8 points for this. I said I had just bought it and was riding it home.

I got 6 points and a £70 fine.

I think its IN10 here we come for you......

1 - 20 of 31 Posts