Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you may know mynheer have recenlty been bought out, and it happens to be an old mate of my brothers. And i noticed that there is alot of sltaing going on! Obviuosly thier kits are not to everyones tastes however they are currently in process of tryin to pick up the pieces that were left by the numptys that owned it before.

Yes the do some ott kits, but if some lad with a rover handed you 20k for a kit im sure alot of people on here would do it too!

But my point is thier just not about lary rover/mg kits, they are also one of the best bodyshops i have seen! They may even be redoing my astra, nothing ott, just repairing bits and maybe fitting a mk3 reiger wide arch kit.
So if you are in the oxford area pop down and have a look at a decent proffesional bodyshop! you may not like the prices but you get what you pay for!!
I mean they put 24!!!! layers of laquer on thier cars!! :beer:

·
Administrator
61,453 Posts
24 coats?why?
and the old mynheer did make some of the nastyest cars about...
but if they've been taken over,then they'll get better from just that

·
Registered
20,473 Posts
I had heard that the new owners had made vast improvements in the workshop etc.

Thay're only based a few miles from me.

·
Registered
26,533 Posts
I don't have trouble with the workmanship, never seen a fault on there cars. Shame they luck utter ****e though.

Money clearly doesn't buy you taste, and now rover finance boys have no warranty to worry about I guess it means there's going to be more of their 'creations' coming out :eek:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
astramojo said:
Indeed.

24 coats ? is it to hide the shoddy workmanship?
not at all, if you knew anything about show cars you would know that no matter what you do filler will sink, these 24 layers cover this problem and also gives it a glass like finish, some people may say you can get that with 3 coats but after seeing some of the cars they'v got up there I would strongly argue that you will not get a better finish!
As for the kits like i said, the previous owners left all the moulds etc and if you were constantly contacted by rover/mg owners willing to part with 20k for the kits im pretty sure ud produce what they wanted! no matter how much you didn't like it!
They didn't design the kits and im sure thier not about to risk a good thing by redesigning the kits and in affect risking on loosing customers.
But my strongest point was that people also need to start looking away from the kits as they are indeed one hell of a good bodyshop who can design and make whatever kit you wish but also just fit other kits or paint standard/crash damaged cars to a very high standard. http://www.mynheer.co.uk for more details.

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
It's not the amount of lacquer that gives the glass like finish. It's the application and the finishing off.

these 24 layers cover this problem
Sounds like a bodge. Quite how 24 layers of lacquer will stop the appearance of sunken filler is beyond me.....sorry.

Also, they changed ownership over a year now and still the same nasty show cars are displayed on their website.

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
I've been to their old 'industrial estate' when I visited Helix about 18 months ago.

Paid a visit into Myheer and met the oweners and their toys etc.
Some good workmanship... and some not.....

Isn't it 'colourworks' or whoever they are a few dorrs down that do the painting on the Maynheer cars? That's what I was led to believe anyhow.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Giles said:
Isn't it 'colourworks' or whoever they are a few dorrs down that do the painting on the Maynheer cars? That's what I was led to believe anyhow.
it is but they'v just bought it i beleive

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mad coo said:
.....I would'nt have gone bust !!!
they didnt go bust they simply dragged down the company name and took all the money when nick and chris bought it. they left no paper work as to what cars belonged to who and they also had a few cars that had been there for 2 years whos owners they were fobbing off so i reckon nick n chris are doing pretty well!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Well, I wish them all the best .... not gonna be easy changing publice perception.

They could start by producing toned down show cars, not as mad kits.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mad coo said:
Well, I wish them all the best .... not gonna be easy changing publice perception.

They could start by producing toned down show cars, not as mad kits.
feel like im going round in circles here, as i said they make alot of momey from there larey kits so thier not about to attempt to change this not knowing what the outcome will be, loose customers and thousands of pounds and gain the respect of a few mig members or continue what thier doing and make money??
thier are enough toned down kits out thier that they will happily fit or even adjust to your taste, thier simply at the extreme end of teh market.

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
Did they have any customers for these custom kits in the first place? Everybody laughs when 'Mynheer' are mentioned because of the state they turn their cars into. Now you say they are changing.....but you also say they are going to continue producing these types of 'alternative' kits. What are they doing new exactly?

·
Registered
610 Posts
hmm 24 coats? i thought the purpose of laquer is for a glass like shine and durability, if the filler sinks then they should use a few layers of D4 and maybe a few more layers of paint which will easily cover the blemishes as opposed to 24 coats of laquer that will cost loads and effectively make the car look like it was trapped in a half centimetre perspex bubble. no wonder they were going down the drain, crikey.. no offence like

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
24 layers? Me thinks you're chatting ****.

A friend of mine had his car re-sprayed several times in the space of 3 months due to kit changes and an accident - all worked out as around 12 layers of paint/lacquer - and the door wouldn't close as the tolerance's got too tight.

So you're telling us that a couple of layers of primer and paint, then a **** load of lacquer is normal workingf practice?
Sounds like a money con to me...

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
24 layers?? Fookin el think of the added weight to your car, you'll be lucky to hit 20's with that much sprayed on (no offence Al!), no wonder they're all show and no go cars they produce! lmao

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
turbo_chronic said:
24 layers?? Fookin el think of the added weight to your car, you'll be lucky to hit 20's with that much sprayed on (no offence Al!), no wonder they're all show and no go cars they produce! lmao
lol, I was lucky to hit 20's half the time.....:p

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.