Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions really appreciated here guys!

Is there any way I can drive my car?

It made a bang, then some grinding and squeeking noises, and I could feel something when I rolled to my house. So it seems like the problem.

I've only had it about 11 1/2 months, done around 10k miles at the most. I've changed the tyres round regular, checked the tyre pressure etc. How the hell can it break after only a year?

So please, someone give me any suggestions if I can drive my car, and how?

Thanks very much chaps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,648 Posts
well id get on teh phone to them and get under and look for anything broke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a locked box mate, just a box. None of this electrical stuff like the origional box.

They seem OK, but it's a long way from me to get to VTS, I'm gonna ring him tommorrow when theyr'e back at work
 

·
East Midlands Regional Coordinator
Joined
·
40,980 Posts
So fuse 19 plays no part? I thought the locked box just had the viscous coupling replaced? :confused:

I'm just down the road from vts if you need anything :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
what have you been doing to it, this would be the only problem I have ever heard of.

You not been using the handbrake while driving or mucking about on fields etc have ya.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAHA nope my handbrake doesn't even work!

I've never thought much of this crappy box anyway, I've always had front wheelspin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
well you sholud have contacted them before then.

Mine was the best thing ever, I much prefered it than the standard one and even the new owner Rob F loves it and thinks it great compared to his old turbo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,284 Posts
NeilC said:
what have you been doing to it, this would be the only problem I have ever heard of.

You not been using the handbrake while driving or mucking about on fields etc have ya.
what he said , never heard of a vts box fooking up, must be 500-600 locked box's out there ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
the box was either [email protected] before it was fitted (due to front wheels spinning) or you have locked the front or rear wheels up causing them to work against each other etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,201 Posts
NeilC said:
I used to lanch start it @ 4500-5000rpm no problems :D
just had ago at it earlier m8 fooking hell its mad throws you back in the seat had a job to hold on to the steering wheel :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
rob f said:
loving this car m8 cant believe you sold it
Every thing has to come to an end and thanks to Total Vauxhall it will always be know as my car :D :beer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,082 Posts
oxinez said:
Any suggestions really appreciated here guys!

Is there any way I can drive my car?

It made a bang, then some grinding and squeeking noises, and I could feel something when I rolled to my house. So it seems like the problem.

I've only had it about 11 1/2 months, done around 10k miles at the most. I've changed the tyres round regular, checked the tyre pressure etc. How the hell can it break after only a year?

So please, someone give me any suggestions if I can drive my car, and how?

Thanks very much chaps!
ring Brian up, he'll help you out as much as possible.
Top bloke imo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,713 Posts
Chavtastic said:
So fuse 19 plays no part? I thought the locked box just had the viscous coupling replaced? :confused:
the viscous coupling is still there and functioning as normal

the only thing thats missing is the original hydraulic clutch system (accumulator bulb etc) so the system is permenantly engaged rather than disengaging when a fault is present or your braking or whatever

if its spinning the front wheels then theres defo a problem with the coupling, as soon as the front wheels start to spin faster than the rears the coupling should respond instantly by shunting more power to the rear, front wheelspin = no power going to the rear

does the car still drive? if not it would perhaps suggest something went wrong with the diff or gearbox rather than the txbox?
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top