Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
MigWeb Member
11,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.9 205 GTi ongoing project, heres some pics and some recent progress for anyone into these things :)

how i got it, pretty much standard apart from the terrible paint job

work started, stripped and some bodywork

started on the engine getting it ready to hoik out

some of the connectors were mint nearly all the hoses were factory and really showing their age so that lots gonna need replacing

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Ive had 5 turbo, golf gti mk1,2,3 bm 328,225 tt the best of the lot was my 205 1.9gti loved it and it never disapointed when you took it for a spin.

·
MigWeb Member
11,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know what you mean they really are great cars it was the handling that hooked me on them, i knew they were good round the twisties but didnt realise how good untill some old guy cut me up on an island and i had to plant it to get out of the way, i must have been doing about 50 and it never let go.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Just one word of warning i used to rally a 309 tarmac car after having the 205 road car and they both caught me out lifting mid bend :doh: is a no no it will swap ends in no time :nod:

Nearly had the biggest accident of my life doing around 70 lifted spun 360 over the other side of the road missed two cars coming the other way, one of them mounted the curb and hit a wire mesh fence :eek: i duly floored it and ****ed off lmao (mind you that was about ten years ago so hope there not still looking for me)

·
MigWeb Member
11,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just one word of warning i used to rally a 309 tarmac car after having the 205 road car and they both caught me out lifting mid bend :doh: is a no no it will swap ends in no time :nod:

Nearly had the biggest accident of my life doing around 70 lifted spun 360 over the other side of the road missed two cars coming the other way, one of them mounted the curb and hit a wire mesh fence :eek: i duly floored it and ****ed off lmao (mind you that was about ten years ago so hope there not still looking for me)
thanks for the heads up, ive kindof learnt to "accept" understeer and if it starts to go pair understeer is a hell of a lot better than oversteer, i dont mind spinning on a track but on the road ive learnt to just keep feeding it and not lifting, id rather donk a kerb than spin and probably smash into something else.

·
Registered
425 Posts

tell me about it......

·
MigWeb Member
11,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would love one of those as a third car, preferably in Miami Blue/Laser Green. :D
i wanted a whit one but people were asking over 2k for good uns, this one was a steal as the guy i got it off hadnt a clue what they were going for, i just made an offer and he ended the auction early :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
my 205 had the 1.9 conversion running fast road cams, chiped ecu and rally clutch and i could not put the footdown round corners all it would do was spin the wheels, alot of people under estimate these cars.

·
Registered
19,876 Posts
Ace cars.

Miami and Laser ones are wank Wayne, they've got power steering and cats iirc?

·
MigWeb Member
11,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
also does anyone know a supplier of quafe or similar quickrack kits, i cant find them anywhere.

hopefully have the engine out by next weekend then wrap it up and off to cornwall for a week, ive then got a month off work to get cracking, cant wait, getting bored of working on vauxhalls lmao

·
MigWeb Member
11,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
some more work done over the weekend refurbing some bits.

started ripping more bits out

laid everything out so i knew what i needed most is pretty ok

got a helper working on some bits lmao

while i started on some other stuff

check out the corrosion blocking that pipe, absolutely nothing was going through it, not god

tried to take out the bleed nipple which sheared so drilled it and tapped the threads clean

some of the after pics, getting good at this refurbing malarky :)

check out the paintwork lmaolmao

·
MigWeb Member
11,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
freshen up the bay and some engine work,
belts pumps gaskets clips hoses, also getting a longer duration cam with a side of extra lift so the pistons are coming out for pockets.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts