Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

My new shiney engine bits...

2K views 52 replies 19 participants last post by  Strick 
G
#1 ·
Me and Michelle have decided not to move out for several reasons...

So it would have been rude not to do a bit of shopping with 'MIGs Stainless Man Miles'...

The stainless items are:

- SFi Box cover
- PAS Bottle cover
- Brake Fluid Res cover
- Radiator & Fan Top cover
- Battery cover (not shown)

Here are some pics... Have a few more bits on order, and just look for more ideas...

Hope you like, comments welcome as always

Will get more and better pics tomorrow in the sunshine :)

See less See more
G
#15 ·
lmao lmao lmao @ Kev - nice one bud :beer: have another!

Thanks for the comments...

RE: Battery terminals.... I will just have to tidy up the wires - cannot have any special terminals as im having a chrome cover for it

Ta again :)

#16 ·
Sorry to hear about you not moving house anymore :( I guess you have your reasons though.

Dude, that bay gets shinier every week! lmao

looks really good but Mind if I make a couple of suggestions?

I think the SFi box would look better with something 'written' (ie: etched or whatever) on it. Seems a bit plain to me.

Plus what everyone said about the washer/header bottles and leads.

But I think these battery covers look nicer IMO:

Might be a bit overkill with a chrome battery cover too (also could suffer from the same problem as SFi box?)? I dunno, just my 2p's worth if any of it makes sense!?!

#17 ·
I like that there, i take it they call em a battery bag or something:confused:

How much are they?

The only thing i dont like about stainless steel is the large bits that people have done i.e. SFI cover, battery cover tend to be duller than any bits you have chrome plated, i noticed that on Nobbies engine bay, he had the same as Olly.

Quite fancy a carbon SFI cover or similer.

Phil, u aint the only one that loves that colour:D

G
#18 ·
thanks Johnny... I am soon to get some bits etched into the SFi and battery cover...

i might "copy" nobbie - and have a little "16v" in the corner of the SFi cover, and a Vauxhall Griffin on the battery cover...

Nick - once you've found out how much the battery bags are, you will no longer want one!

Hence why I went for the stainless option!

and plus - i like shine :)

#20 ·
OllyHewitt said:
thanks Johnny... I am soon to get some bits etched into the SFi and battery cover...

i might "copy" nobbie - and have a little "16v" in the corner of the SFi cover, and a Vauxhall Griffin on the battery cover...

Nick - once you've found out how much the battery bags are, you will no longer want one!

Hence why I went for the stainless option!

and plus - i like shine :)
Cool, you thought about the etching too? Great minds think alike :D

How much are those battery bags?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.