Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

in process of getting my new motor, '92 Cav GSi. Hoping to have it in the next few weeks, then i have some bits and bobs lined up for it...

-Get cav
-Get 5 stud conversion & fit it
-Get turbo rims refurbed in anthracite
-Get camber adjustment bolts
-Get full black leather
-Change exhaust(dont like twin dtm)
-Change side repeaters

-Eventually get some 5 spoke astra turbo rims & paint them anthracite.

Then in the distant future, fit a LET, or run throttle bodies, not sure which yet

Heres a 'shopped pic with some anthracite cav turbo rims & lowered a little more...

I am hoping to get her so i can get over to the billing meet, but i dont know exactly when i will be picking her up, so cant be sure.

Anyone think of anything that might be worth doing to the car?

heres the spec...

1992 'J' Cavalier GSi 2000 16v

Bodywork: Imaculate Metallic Black. Vectra Door Handles, clear oval side repeaters. Courtenay graffics on side skirts, laguna front splitter, Cavalier Turbo rear lights and back panel. new Rear Arches.

Interior: Beige interior, Recaro's. White dials. Electric everything.

Engine: Ported & Polished Racing head. Racing Cams (QED Developments) Uprated air mass meter, Superchipped. Rolling road tuned (roughly 170bhp). Janspeed Exhaust DTM Style, all done in the last 40k. Chrome bonnet struts, Brand New Starter Motor and Battery

Chassis: Spax Shocks and Courtenay Springs -30mm. Cav GSi alloys, Grooved discs with EBC green stuff pads and freshly painted calipers. New anti Roll bar, Drive Shafts

Cheers for comments, once i pick the car up i will get some more pics done & keep everyone updated with progress :beer:

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
That looks mint. Not keen on the turbo wheels. I think you should do the original cav gsi wheels in anthracite.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wanted to 5 stud it as i prefer the wheel options i can get with 5 stud.

I doubt i will let it for at least a year, mebbies more, was just thinking in the long run.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Tidy mate, you get sorted with the train times and stuff you were on about the other day?
*Hijack* Been out in Hardy's nova today, pretty impressive!!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry Simon, but i was dreading reading this when i saw your name next to it!

glad you approve tho, i am thinking twin 6" squares, lol, only joking mate, twin round pipes, scorpian or similar?

Chris, is hardys good then? didnt know it was running, not been to a meet since i got the g*lf est*te lol. hows yours coming along anyways?

cheers!

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Hardy's nova got 105 @ the wheels when he got it mapped!! We went down to Rik Wood in Stockport to get it done!! Took us out for a blat in in and its a quick little motor!! :D :D

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, was expecting a bit more than 105 like? whats the spec?

What you recon on the cav then? got any bits for sale i can nab?

you dont need those reylands on yours, give them here!

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
16vmantamark said:
Nice, was expecting a bit more than 105 like? whats the spec?

What you recon on the cav then? got any bits for sale i can nab?

you dont need those reylands on yours, give them here!
In your dreams matey!!!! Those brakes are staying put! :D :p

Cav should be fine, from the sounds off it!! What bits you after??

Chris's has got 1400 16v, Mantzel Airbox, DTA managment, exhaust, janspeed manifold!! Works out about 125 bhp at the flywheel!! 90 bhp as standard!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts