Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
were to start it a started life as what have brought now beeing a proud ebay user i was the proud owner and must admit only bidder on this little gem

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the next stage was to get the whole shell back to metal with four drills and countless wire brush's and hours up on hours and one f*&(ing bad cut

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the next stage was to get the whole shell back to metal with four drills and countless wire brush's and hours up on hours and one f*&(ing bad cut

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i found a couple of rotton places which i was so not surprise
so i got my best welder in the world to come and do the wealding for me the it was all kurust zinc 182 hammerite and stone chip and in side what was engine bay and boot the same but painted a top coat

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
next was brakes suspension on front i used cav front calipers with ebc yellow stuff brake pads and ebc groved and drilled disc and harry hockley bias pedal box and fk coilovers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the next thing to do was rebulid the e16se i had so we could see were engine mounts go that was easy part took a whole day was nice to do some thing differ tha a drill with a wire brush dying to cut me again i had everything new from shells to oil pump i bust a fast rod piper cam and vernier pull with twin 40 webbers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
next was change gear box to hydrolic but with a quick ten min change of thrus bearing of corsa c new cylinder and pipe was in stall f13 cr box

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
with engine in thanks to my super mate welder again time for rear suspension i put in corsa c subrake and corsa c front hubs and coil overs as for barkes what a night mare i had to have hubs plugged and redrilled to 90mm space for caliper bolts used mk5 astra lucas rear calipers with red stuff pads then had to use pug 106 3 stud disc get them re drilled to four stud to get to fit and work

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
next job was to run new fuel brake and clucth pipe through the car i but in hydrolic handbrake as well as mechanical then had to make a bracket for the clutch master cylinderRIMG0298.jpg

my comp going really slow so bear with me
running fwd geometry peter needham set my suspension up it handles like a dream

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
next stage was wiring which straight forward juat revesed engine loom and put the das in i opt for the gsi dash with the digi gauges as the norm

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the gear change was the next challange i rang vauxhall to see what they used on vx220 but as its lotus based i had to ring lotus after the shock of 2k for the set up i thought that they only use rover parts on lotus and thought they prop use mgf gear mech and cable so i used two long cable as they have one long and one short and modifed the vauxhall mech to attach cables

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i then sent it to awe in droitwich [email protected] to do me a alloy fuel tank with baffle in side and a stainless manifold and exhaust what a fantastic job they di and in quick turn over and good price

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
now down to the water pipes my plan was run them up exhaust tunnel but the hand brake cables and gear cables had no choice but in car i used copper pipes so i could solder ther joints thanks to good mate he sorted them out and tought me how to solder for cooling i used a nova diesal rad and two kenlow slim fans i have fitted a secondry elecwater pump which i gonna take back off as there no need for it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
after the i put all fluid in was and turn her over with out plugs in to get oil pressure up i had to manually fill up oil pump it started on third go my bigest problem was air lock put after a surgestion of jacking the back off car up as high as possible that went in 20mins i then did the body work done the arches were put on ant the wings i prep it in primer my mate then took to mec motorsport in chealtnem to get it set up as it was rolling up as it a new engine he set it up and told me to runn it in for 500 miles before taking it back to be tuned upafter the i put all fluid in was and turn her over with out plugs in to get oil pressure up i had to manually fill up oil pump it started on third go my bigest problem was air lock put after a surgestion of jacking the back off car up as high as possible that went in 20mins i then did the body work done the arches were put on ant the wings i prep it in primer my mate then took to mec motorsport in chealtnem to get it set up as it was rolling up as it a new engine he set it up and told me to runn it in for 500 miles before taking it back to be tuned up

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mikr turbo got me a sprayer he finsed off the prep and made the rear arches look like they were mwnt to be there i had car back at 2o'clock sat and but sunday night it was ready for road so on the first of may it was offically on road i had suspension set up on the 6th which was done buy pete needham handles like a dream this is finish article thanks for your timr reading this any your comments me and mike turbo weraing ear plugs to pvs
thanks to all mates that help

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gonna see if mate got vid cam then i get it on been intresting project and like most builders it nearly breaks you lol

1 - 20 of 56 Posts