Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

521 - 530 of 530 Posts

·
Moderator / Memberships
19,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #523
Hi Craig!
Quite possibly but in fairness it did come off fairly easily. I did think about heat but not only do I not have anything more than a heat gun I didn't want to risk damage to the wheel bearing as the plan was to re-use that, but there wasn't any point risking damage to the bearing swapping it until I knew the ABS ring would come off. Catch 22! So I thought start with the one I was least confident with. If the ring had snapped Id have disabled the ABS like 99% of other GTEs out there and wired the ABS light to something.

·
Moderator / Memberships
19,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #529 (Edited)
Eventful year for the GTE! Out of hibernation and straight to Combe in April.

Then up to Santa Pod for some 1/4 mile action!

Got some good mid 15 second times, so happy with that over 6 runs.

Then an autosolo in Petersfield with the Southsea Motor Club. Where I broke it. It took abuse all day on slaloms and hand brake turns and high speed runs. What finally took its toll was the last test of the day which was very tight circles around the cones, being on full look for quite a while. Somehow the driver's front wheel wore through the oil cooler hose. I managed to bodge it with a piece of rubber cut from a mat in the scrapper Corsa the junior drivers were using.

Also on the MOT test a couple of areas of concern were pointed out and the front suspension developed a knock somewhere during the day.
So I think I've decided to take it out of use and fix it properly, rather than hurriedly repair bits here and there and try and make it to shows.

521 - 530 of 530 Posts