Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

481 - 500 of 530 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Weird.. my tire size and brand is the same all around so im going for either the sensor or a curled up tacho plate thats blocking the needle at times.

Keep up the good work you have a nice project here :thumb:

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
Great build thread, have you ever tried a heat gun to restore your bumper plastics?

·
Moderator / Memberships
19,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #485
Great build thread, have you ever tried a heat gun to restore your bumper plastics?
Thanks. Yes I have. For some reason they just don't respond. My other 1.3 Mk2 and my Mk4 looked good as new with a quick blast of heat, the GTE's are apparently past it. I do have complete new bits for the front bumper, but it'd need paint to justify fitting them really.

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
Thanks. Yes I have. For some reason they just don't respond. My other 1.3 Mk2 and my Mk4 looked good as new with a quick blast of heat, the GTE's are apparently past it. I do have complete new bits for the front bumper, but it'd need paint to justify fitting them really.
Ahh i didnt realise heat gun didnt work, i wont bother with mine then. :O( Must be why so many people paint them.

·
Moderator / Memberships
19,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #494
Seems hard to imagine. They do have a kinda oily appearance, but we've tried wire wool, heat and all sorts of shiny products and they just refuse to do anything. The bumper black stuff I remember just sort of floated over them and went all streaky.

481 - 500 of 530 Posts