Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mig Club Member
9,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all,

I had my first run in a car at the Speed and Show day in my brother's XE'd Corsa. It was fully loaded with interior and the spare wheel etc and is running a standard XE joined to the 1.2 exhaust! Basically I'm looking for constructive advice on the stats below as I don't know if its good or bad.

Here's my run details.

Reaction 0.696
60ft 2.396
14.937 @ 93.35MPH

My bro managed a 14.7 after a few runs. What 'should' we be able to get it down to?

Cheers,
OP :)

PS. Anyone got any vid's of it on the stip?

Here's a pic :)

·
Registered
11,048 Posts
reaction time means nothing as this isn't added to your ET time (you could sit on the line for 5mins having a *** if u wanted and still make a 10sec run)

60ft - resonable for the car

14.7 is good IMHO -

To get any lower without changing anything mechanical on the car or stripping it...is to get some nice sticky tyres on the front ;) nice and simple :D

With some more pratice you'll get the times a tenth or so lower.

If ur really entusiastic you could strip some weight from the car and up the exhaust to a 2.5" and release some of that backpressure ;)

·
East Midlands Regional Coordinator
40,980 Posts
Great effort! :beer: You've got to remember the car probably did a 19 second quarter from the factory.

I'd go for the weight saving. Ditch the spare, trim down any excess metal/soundproofing/interior etc... and see the results.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Aye, nice one. First on the list for me would be ditching the rear interior and spare - Its free! Then a bigger bore exhuast. :)

·
Mig Club Member
9,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was great fun, even though I only had one run. My brother was well chuffed he got the 14.7 :)

The next time the car comes to the strip it will probably be fully stripped (bar the dash), with stickly lower Psi tyres etc.

He was a little worried about warming the tyres up on the day as he'd just fitted new rubber lol

The main idea for running the corsa was too see if its running good power. From what I've read it seems to be about right for the engine/car combo?

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
To be fair mate, for a first go it's bloody good! I know reactions don't count but it's always fun to see who is on the ball...lol

Needs a decent exhaust and it should be a fairly massive difference!

·
Mig Club Member
9,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
coolamasta said:
Pretty good going mate, it was my first time on the strip as well, all good fun :D

I was going to come and have a chat with you about the conversion but never managed to get round to it lmao Im building a track day car in the summer using a corsa and XE as well :D
If you have any questions let me know mate. My brother did all the work including making his own engine mounts etc, so I can pass anything I'm not sure about onto him :beer:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Id say thats a pretty decent time :)

I managed a 14.4 in my LET corsa with half and interior on big heavy 17" wheels and that was with 230bhp lol I granny started everytime :(

I know of a stripped XE doing 15.0's dead so that time is awesome IMO.

Good luck to you fella :) And yes its bloody addictive

·
Moderator / Memberships
19,135 Posts
I ran against that car in No-Spec and was pleased how close it was, it might have been one of my 15 second runs. No-Spec's only running about 120BHP due to the damn pinking, but I'd say is probably a little lighter than a fully loaded Corsa, it was weighed at 960KG with a spare wheel and passenger seat (which I removed on the day)...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts