Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so far this is All my cav has as ICE!!

ok so not the newest products out but i think its not bad!

and these are my rear speakers

, up front are standard efforts but am plannin changing them, anyone know of sensible price speakers that will fit in the doors??

And another thing will these speakers need an amp with this head unit to sound good??

Cheers dudes!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know, what do they range from, reasonable quality and price you know!!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
get a good quality amp - at a low power. I have a w reg C class merc estate with a kenwood headunit and pioneer V amp (80W per channel) and a stealth box in the boot.

use decent cables

remember this is a big solid car... and it is very clear and i can make the mirrors shake. amp was 200 squid iirc

quality - and RMS values are what counts, not peak power. The test of a good system is that yu can still talk to the passenger at high voume normally, and you dont realise quite how loud it is until you turn it off ;)

im into my sound - i have a 6.1 home theatre system costing :eek: censored thousand....

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
COOL cheers for the advice, but in general are these ok products , Pioneer i thought have been good, i also have a 120wx2 Dragster amp if thats any good?

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
This is mine

It runs through infinity components in the front and 6x9 on the rear shelf.More than enough for myself,might not be for you though.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
dragster amp

dragster are made by rockford. i would say the amp youve got is good. ive got 2 dragster amps which are 700 watts rms each and they are running my 2 12 inch kicker subs perfectly. dragster are made by rockford.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have a Pioneer DEH3400R head unit, those 6x9's and a pair of the 10 cm TS-G1016 in my car.

They sound pretty good but then again its installed properly, when you do things right you an make anything sound good.

Pioneer clobber is good. Always had pioneer in my cars its the only one that lasts. Also got pioneer home audio, some of it dates back to the late 70's from my mum and dad and its still going strong.

These days though their stuff can be quite bright, which can make it a bit shrill with some music.

Chris

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
I'm a bif fan of Infinity Kappas TBH. Co-axs tho, not components. I've got components in my Cav in the standard tweeter position and the treble is a killer. Get an adaptor, use your dragster amps on the front and get some Kappas :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts