Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i finally did it..i was booked into a rolling road tuners in Abercynon in wales and got there at 2:05pm fort a 2'oclock appointment to see how this new engine was running like. I didnt expect much to be honest cause i know for a fact that it didnt pull like my other engine that had head gasket failue on the M4 few months ago...:( 'god rest it's soul...Muppet'...;)

Basically here is a spec of the engine I had bought from a mig member just before christmas:

Head was ported, polished and pressure tested along with all new valves and guides. block had new big forged pistons, big ends, caps and main bearings. So its a very good engine rebuilt with new water pump, pulleys and cambelt, run only on mobil 1 oil. I did have piston slap since I had it put in by Mmuppet tyhe man but today it hasnt done it at all.....!!!! Sozz im chuffed with that too.

To add to the engine set-up: I put my exsisting parts from the old set-up into this one...

Powerflow full exhaust system twin 3" tailpipes

K&N Induction Kit (Blue Samco cold air pipe connecting to air mass meter)

Superchipped ECU

Two big cold air feed pipes to the K & N Induction kit

Throttle body mod

The engine had 3000 on the clock when I bought it and I have
put 1700 on the clock to date since 31st/01/03 of ownership of new engine. So it now has 4700 miles on the this engine :)

Here are the results of the rolling road tune...just to add i need a new plugs so said the blokey..he was a great chap and real interesting to chat about the powercap amongst other bits on trying to gain more bhp and torque. Speaking of torque, he thought the torque my engine was producing was pretty good indeed for the base of the engine mods etc etc. :confused: Im not sure what torque should be figured for my engine sozz if you know let me know if this is good in your opinion.

As for the powercap sarga..he had a guy come in with a redtop put in his astra belmont and was making average redtop figs with a chip and zorst and k&n induction kit. That same day he then added the powercap and it was losing power quite badly...sozzz...there you go :rolleyes:

Another bloke came in with a cav turbo and superchip running 220bhp and had sum piper cams put in and lost bhp down to 194bhp!!! :eek: He complained to piper and they said he needed vernier pullys?? so he said fine il buy these off you and if i dont go past the 220bhp then u can have both the piper cams and fecken pulleys back and i want a full refund!!! Again his figures came up as 194bhp..so he complained again to piper (direct) and they said umm u need your cams re-profiled it seems..wtf?? no i want my money back like you said ud honour if i didnt get more power pal! this arguement between the bloke and pipewr is still going on and he is non the wiser on getting his money back...:(

Anyways enough of the gapping here are my results...:)

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Sozzz what you guys thing? not bad since i need spark plugs aswell. I have got pics of the day of me tidy engine bay aswell and my wheels spinning like the clappers at a ton...lol...i'll sort em out tomorrow!

* this engine is forsale now in 4sale section complete with all the above and piping etc etc...for £600.00- £650.00

Cheers Adam

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well done you mad hatter arf arf ;) . How come It says 166 bhp engine power and 120 bhp at the wheels :confused: . Does that mean you lose 46 bhp by the time the power is transfered from the engine to the road..lol :D . Also at the bottom It says your max speed is 100 mph? :confused:

Can I see a pic of your cold air feeds too old boy? :cool:

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
Trons_Brother said:
How come It says 166 bhp engine power and 120 bhp at the wheels :confused: . Does that mean you lose 46 bhp by the time the power is transfered from the engine to the road..lol :
Means exactly that. 46bhp lost in transmission. Damn gearboxes!! lol.

·
Registered
26,533 Posts
Adam said:
Another bloke came in with a cav turbo and superchip running 220bhp and had sum piper cams put in and lost bhp down to 194bhp!!! :eek:
#

I think the key word here is SUPERCHIP

lmao lmao

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
In a strange sort of way rolling roads means jack shite.

when i put my make shift pipe on my GSI 4x4 (flexi from manifold to back box) it lost power, it produced 146 Bhp and at the wheels was 70 Bhp yet i still touched 135 and it when i replaced the exhaust for a full mongoose it still felt just as quick but top end slightly improved.

some rolling roads give false read outs is the lesson i learnt.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Hi Adam

I will bring down my power run graph from the same place when it was on carbs. I think it was 168.5bhp at the flywheel and p-wheel 138bhp. Yet When it was tuned at Interpro it had 169bhp at the flywheel and 122bhp at the wheels. Both the flywheel readings are near enough the same. The difference was I was running the close ratio F16 abd when it was tuned it had a long ratio F16 in. This might explain why the drag difference's.

regards muppet.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I'm just chuffed that with the spec of engine you have there, my engine, before any mods, i.e totally standard, knocked out 128 Bhp at the wheels :D :D

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
Looks healthy enough. Never read too much into the power figures off a rolling road unless you are making comparative tests on the same rolling road.
120 at the front wheels sounds a bit low for an apparent 165 at the flywheel. I'd say power was 150-160BHP, you don't need to be any more precise than that.

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
dunno though, mines made 40-45 tranny loss on 3 different roads.

I dont like that torque curve at all, its got corners, which is always a bad sign

1 - 14 of 14 Posts