Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Muppet is evil.

1K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  DarrenH 
#1 ·
And I'm now the proud owner of 2 T3 turbo's.

:eek:

#5 ·
NNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoonnoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#9 ·
Cemesis said:
OK, they will physically both fit on the v6 but you won't have enough air intake to justify it (unless you run them both at weedy psi). I did a post on this before to find why some cars have twin turbos.
Cemesis logic strikes again.

they came off a 1.3 4 cylinder metro engine.

they're going onto (effectively) a 1.5 3 cylinder engine.

My worry is that they won't be able to flow enough.

#10 · (Edited)
Fenix said:
twin turbo'd v6 monster.

why don't ya just buy a lotus carlton engine animal?
cos thats too easy, wheres the fun in that:p

you can twin turbo the v6, and run higher pressure, you just have to aid cooling to one side of the engine...forgot which, also the usual low comp pistons etc

animal was rebuilding the v6 anyway, so i dont see why he cant use different internals while hes at it...unless its over his budget.

need bigger turbos tho

#11 ·
Animal.

That will be bloody mental. especially in a tail happy beast like a manta

i know the lotus engine would be more expensive, heavier and nowhere near as much fun. more of a rhetorical question.

Does this mean the tb's are out of the window now animal?

#12 ·
Fenix said:
Animal.

That will be bloody mental. especially in a tail happy beast like a manta

i know the lotus engine would be more expensive, heavier and nowhere near as much fun. more of a rhetorical question.

Does this mean the tb's are out of the window now animal?
nope.. it'll be N/A initially.

I think it'll be a second car when it eventually gets the turbo's.....

#20 ·
matt, ur gona need some fat rubber to put that lot on the ground with :eek: if i have traction problems now with a n/a car at 40mph and 235 rubber in the wet, ur car is 1. lighter, 2. gona have loads more torque, and 3. gona need a toilet bowl for the driver and passenger's. and if they use a t3 on a lotus esprit to throw out 200+bhp, 2 of em should make it go ...... er ......... rather well actualy ;)

gav.

#25 ·
Trevor said:
OK, was speaking to Haynzee the other day and metro turbos run through the carburetter at about 6 bar as standard.

Perhaps that is why a 1300 has a T3?
u sure that wasn't 6psi?

a sierra saffy 2wd runs a t3...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.