1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Damage

Mud they scraped off the bit of the road I skidded on the night of the accident

Did this slipping on some mud by Hembridge just off the A37 in Somerset (after dark)...

The sign I didn't see (****ty piece of non-reflective wood with additional bollard distraction!)

I recall my speed must have been no more than 30mph, I've retrospectively calculated it to be around 26mph considering the distance travelled.

Can anyone suggest a reasonable estimated speed to cause that sort of damage when impacting a grassy embankment?

It wasn't until the rear end came sliding out of control that I realised the amount of mud on the road!

The police came out the night of the accident but weren't that interested, although one of them (I got their names of course!) said that he failed to see the sign also when heading towards the area of incident and almost came off the road himself! They called highway authority to place additional (REFLECTIVE!) road signs to warn other drivers.

I saw a silver calibra in Pylle scrap yard back along too, but it's GONE now!!!!

Hassle, as I was hoping to sell car soon :)

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Shocking! Unlucky to say the least mate.

Our village is like a building site, with all the earth mover lorries all overloaded to feck spilling mud all over the place. Washing my car is pretty pointless because of it! :mad:

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Can anyone suggest a reasonable estimated speed to cause that sort of damage when impacting a grassy embankment?
About 5 mph mate, it doesnt take a lot to bend plastic. Whats the metalwork behind it like?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no damage to body work...

Brett says he's got a bumper I can buy :)

He's only just down the road so sorted!

5mph is what i thought heh!! wasn't going very fast at all- just no control!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
dibaR said:
no damage to body work...

Brett says he's got a bumper I can buy :)

He's only just down the road so sorted!

5mph is what i thought heh!! wasn't going very fast at all- just no control!
are you the guy who lives on Portland estate ? , if not I think there is a calibra round there breaking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts