Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's about time I took the plunge. Looking round these two seem good:

Kenwood KDC-PSW9521
Lets Buy Car Audio have it for £280 which seems like a bloody good price.

Or:

Alpine CDA-7893R
Seems a few on here have this and say it's great. If my old Alpine tape headunit is anything to go buy quality is very good. But the Kenwood looks nicer and for that price seems like a good deal? Others seem to have the Kenwood near £400!

L

·
0 Posts
I have the kenwood one

No problems what so ever, easy to use and plays WMA (Windows media files) too that the alpine doesnt

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
The alpine will blow you kenwood/pioneer boys away, its classy not tacky plays under any conditions and has more adjustments to your sound than a dj!

Ok it dont play WMA but its mp3 playback is very good!

Cant fault it,

Mcs-direct.co.uk is where i bought mine, never looked back since!

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
Alpine!

I just got my 7893r last week. Ordered mine from mcs-direct. The sound quality is outstanding. Also it's never skipped. For a hot hatch lowered on Koni dampers I think this is amazing :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
why is it as soon as u say alpine people always say its better than pioneer/kenwood i work in car audio and i think alpine as gone crap in its lower priced units for good sound you need to spend 500 upwards they arent like the old alpine units with the six buttons in they bottem right corner they where the ****** now they are living off there old reputation
imoh:cool:

·
Registered
7,713 Posts
pbstrelley said:
i think alpine as gone crap in its lower priced units
I bought my 93r about 7 months ago when they 1st came out, £400 chuffin quid.....

Best damned headunit I've ever had bar none...

·
Registered
535 Posts
m8 i am in the EXACT same situation, i cant decide between those 2 units either!!

1 thing i will say tho..... ever herd of www.empiredirect.co.uk
well they claim to have the best prices in the UK, and have put there money where there mouth is by offering there price promise gaurantee...

If you find a product cheaper within 7 days of your purchase, they will refund the difference by (and here's the good bit...) 120%!!!

If you look at the headunits they have both these 2. The alpine is £250 there so u would only get it 238 plus p&p if u quoted the 240 that other sites r offering...

HOWEVER..the kenwood give u the chance to get a meag discount as they have it up for £352.58!! so if u quoted the price of £274.99 which i think mcs r offering then u get an amazing £93.10 back which makes it only cost £259.48 which i think is amazin!!

Wot do ya say to that!!! and there delivary is only 7.99 on headunits!!

cheers, james

hope that helps!!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I have the Pioneer 7400MP - which I think is the mutts nutts of a unit tbh - its going for less than £250 atm which in iteself is an absolute steel

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers for the tip badboy. You think they'll do that then and not try to swindle out of it?

I'm up for it if they will :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
well i should think so yeah, cos if u click on the box that says cheapest in the uk (its a red box next to the price) then they got it all in writting!!

Trading standards if they dont!!

let me no if ya go 4 it m8!!

cheers, james

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just ordered it from empire direct. They charge the full amount then refund it after. Should get it on monday.

Went for the Kenwood.... :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
nice 1 m8!! did they say they would refund u the 90 odd squid??

hope so!!!

glad i could help wd my scam!!! lol

At least were on the rite side of it for once!!

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, they said it would be refunded a couple of hours after it's charged.

They take into account delivery charges so it ends up around £270-280 all in.... Still a bloody good price for that unit. :D

·
Registered
847 Posts
pbstrelley said:
i think alpine as gone crap in its lower priced units for good sound you need to spend 500 upwards
I disagree. I bought an Alpine headunit about a year ago for £330, and my mate bought a Kenwood for £350. To be frank, the Kenwood is embarassing for the money, has few worthwhile features and is putting out nowhere near the claimed 4 x 50W. Just my opinion though.....

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
kenwood = stylish, look good,
pioneer = total trick with their screens
alpine = sound quality
sony = trick, but havent really heard much so cant comment

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Not meaning to sound like a total simpleton, how does one transfer the data from pc to hu?

<<**ducks for cover in anticipation of abuse**<<

·
Registered
23,727 Posts
On my kenwood you just burn the mp3's straight onto a blank cd and stick it in the head unit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts