Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had lost these on a failed HD, but I recenlty found a random backup CD with these on, so though I post them for all to see. They are mostly of my old GTE (I so want another one!). For those that weren't around when I had this car, it was a 2.0 16v GTE with SBD throttle bodies.

My first ever 13s quarter
[vbtube]bfYKoi-cCV0[/vbtube]

My best quarter mile time ever - 13.89s
[vbtube]AFlDs7yDv0Q[/vbtube]

On the rollers - 228bhp
[vbtube]VIyl5HgfUys[/vbtube]

The original Astra GTE 16v TV ad
[vbtube]lp0znsGlvjo[/vbtube]

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also have an audio clip of my old GTE with the mic near to the TBs - sounds nuts! I'll upload it when I get home.

Once the wedding takes place and I have recovered financially, I'm seriously going to be on the hunt for another GTE - probably in white (so I can graphic it up motorsport style - promoting MIG). Will do a stripped out track car, possilby TBs if I can find some used ones going cheap. Will fit dark grey Cav GSi wheels too.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
looked good,you can see up the top end it is really starting to shift:cool:.i just wish i had a clip of my old bangers best run :(

·
Registered
13,010 Posts
I can't believe I'm replying to one of your threads but it's films, not movies. Last time I looked we were in Britain, not America:rolleyes:.

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looked good,you can see up the top end it is really starting to shift:cool:.i just wish i had a clip of my old bangers best run :(
What was your best time in the end? I remember you got a 13.88 at some point.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Mike, Should never have sold it mate, Still if you didnt I would never have had the leather seats!! They are still going strong.

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dave - it was SBD bodes (48mm) with SBD cams, headwork, 2.1 re-bore, bug custom exhaust and big SBD manifold - a touch over 230bhp. I later addedvery mad cams with solid lifters, high flow valves, more headwork - around 260bhp, but I broke it for parts before really using it at that spec. I wish I had kept it, I really do. :(

·
Administrator
12,106 Posts
saw in an old tv mag (the astra special one) a pic of your mk2 mike, it was in the best astras featured (amazing how many were miggers) and it looked awesome. it said the engine was sold off but the shell got a standard xe fitted and was sold on, is it still around?

·
Premium Member
4,644 Posts
Hmm, what IS the best wheel on a Mk2? Gotta be Turbo rimmage I think. Cav SRi wheels are awesome, but not on a Mk2, neither are Cav GSi wheels I reckon.

5 stud!
Speedlines always look good.

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
(slightly drunk) the GTE 16v is just the best Vauxhall they ever made back in the day! Its far from perfect but in its rawness its got qualities no other vaux can compare to. Im so happy with mine and really its a very basic spec so it shows it doesnt take much to sort them into fun cars.

I'd rather store mine for a few years in a container than sell it if it became a hindrance.

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it said the engine was sold off but the shell got a standard xe fitted and was sold on, is it still around?
Rob, my brother ran the car for 2 years but didn't look after it and it started rotting badly. In the end he broke it for parts. :(

·
Administrator
12,106 Posts
Rob, my brother ran the car for 2 years but didn't look after it and it started rotting badly. In the end he broke it for parts. :(
ah yes i remember now it said you sold it on to him. shame, the very few pic's the article had of yours looked very good. on softstars too.

on another note, theres a nice red one in this months that reminded me of yours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
really sad to here about the old vauxs getting rotting and broken.
my dad had a 16v but he sold it years ago and i want 1 so badly but there all just rotted nowadays :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts