Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a astra sport recently, amoun t the recepits is a regal recepit for timing belt, gear box rebuild, "uprated" clutch and looks like a exchange flywheel for osme reason. I've just taken out the block (X20XEV) and it appears the clutch is a LUK std replacement item and so is the pressure plate, so I have no idea how it's meant to be uprated, also the flywheel is a flat type, which aren't found on the X20XEV, so that's very odd, now the scary bit, this clutch cost 204.26+VAT and it's a std item :mad:
Cowboys, glad to say they've never had my money and never will :rolleyes:
Total incvoice came to 1077.25!!

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Yep - I bought the same clutch. I didn't find out it was a standard Luk item till 3 years later. The Luk items are better than the GM ones and can take around 20% more power, so I guess Regal can call it uprated, but it is a bit dodgy if you ask me.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But it's hardly a "uprated" item, and the pressure plate is a LUK item aswell. It's chucky as you like, but I'm new to this big block jazz, and the flywheel is not lightened. still more spares for me :)

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
my black diamond clutch had LUK on it! this is not so say youve been ripped off, and its not to say it isnt uprated. it just means LUK make the clutch. most likely just changes to teh friction material between aftermrket retailers.

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
The Regal clutch is a standard Luk one. It was inspected by V-Tuning when removed. Nothing special about it at all.

By the V-Tuning recommend the Luk as a standard replacement - costs around £120 fitted I think it was.....

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Been to a mates garage and compared the pressure plate to a std one, it's beasty, so maybe it's uprated after all. I would like to apologise to Regal for saying there uprated clutch isn't, however the bill they charged is still stupid :mad:

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
the bill they charged maybe is stupid, but think more along the lines of people willing to pay yhem being even more stupider

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
LUK clutches? LOL My V6 clutch is an LUK item. They aren't even new. Remanufactured. Vauxhall sell them as trade club items for £70.

They are still good. But their description and pricing is quite amusing.

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
unfortunatley this is standard practice for alot of regals transactions, i saw a lot of them on mr warners engine when it came apart

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Like Oddball says, lots of the genuinely uprated clutches have LUK stamped on them.
When you change the friction material and clamping pressure you don't have to remove the original stamp.......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.