Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
finally got the car to my mates garage so i can weld on the strengthening kit, and remove the rear cage and seat rails, excess brackets and so on
ready to go

we removed the tailgate, doors, windows, rear cage and seat rails, basicallyanything left!

plate kit, ready for fitting

my attempt at an 'arty' shot, that welder's got some work to do this week!

hopefully get mrS round to mount the doors this week, so should be in the body shop soon :D

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, no chance ian! will be out this year, thats good enough for me

assasin mate, yup, not really looking forward to it, but i think mounting the doors could be more tricky

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry, meant to put up photographic mincing evidence, here it is!!

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
im at the same stage ATMO, guess you have more with it being molested already. my shell is stripped of everthing, amazing what you find, inckluding the hidden rust, thought id bought an absolute minter, not too bad though. wish i had a camera to put some pics up!!

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
will be clean when you have finished with it no doubt, but as it is, it looks like it was put together in a rush!
whats that plate for? looks like it was an auto conversion? lol :p

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool, always nice to hear of novas still being built :D didnt find any rust on mine really, bit of surface but thats all, probably cos it was a competition car, they tend to be solid :cool:

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
16vastra said:
will be clean when you have finished with it no doubt, but as it is, it looks like it was put together in a rush!
whats that plate for? looks like it was an auto conversion? lol :p
the guyput an internal linkage in from an astra of all things :rolleyes: ;) so that'll be gone soon, and yes, very 'clubman' prep at the mo, seat rails were made from bits of old filing cabinet judging by their original coulour, and he left the original runners in! fuel lines were copper in plastic sheating, etc etc, will all be sorted when its rebuilt though, probably jet wash it inside and out too!

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh yeah, and i should say thanks to jamessrfor helping out today and risking his life by being towed along in my nova lmao

·
Registered
167 Posts
region17rc said:
oh yeah, and i should say thanks to jamessrfor helping out today and risking his life by being towed along in my nova lmao
no worrirs mate but
i think the brakes need a little look at and
the rear suspension damping rate could do with a look at lmao
james sr

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
You going to prep and sray the interior?

Good luck with that if you are. You'll want to go back to the welding when you start doing that. lmao

Kit's dead straightforward once you've worked out what goes where. Oh and keep a hammer handy You'll need it.;) :confused:

Oh and a fire blanket as well (underseal catches real quick lmao )

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
Excellent Lee, at least now you've got it somewhere you can work on it properly. i.e. with power! lol

I reckon it'll be a while before it's in the bodyshop for paint though! ;) Are you side mounting your seat this time? Was it base mounted last time?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.