·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahaha my mistake 1.7PSi what a fooking joke!!

jeezzzuuussss some pooor saps will buy anything!!

i'm going to sell an extractor fan on ebay as a supercharger! i'll make a fortune hahaha!

·
Registered
20,453 Posts
I once discussed this on another forum.

We came up with the idea of 4x geared starter motors driving the inlet side of a normal garrett turbo. This in turn would be connected to a dedicated battery that would normally be charged by the alternator.

When you want the extra go-go, you arm the circuit, go WOT and the system spins up as a diverter in the air-intake switches you from straight-in flow to the turbos intake.

We weren't convinced that even *that* would be worthwhile tho.

/EDIT the other problem, of course, is switchable fuelling......

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
right thats decided then, im scrapping my super charger that shoves between 20-25psi and getting one of these

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dummies thinking they can bolt on 20hp so easily!

see the feedback hundereds of idiots have bought these - i can't wait till i meet someone with one lol!

·
Banned
174 Posts
The thing to remember in terms of wether or not a charger, or a turbo or a pc cooling fan or whatever will give you any power is its NOT about boost, its about flow.
All that boost is really is a measurement of how badly the engine is failing to consume air passed to it.
For example if jason took his charger whick gives 25psi of boost and ran it at the same speed on a RB26DETT nissan motor instead of on his 1.8 8v vw he would probably see in the region of about 5psi of boost, the simple reason being that the excellent flowing nissan motor would almost completely consume all the air passed to it which would mean less was left around to pressurise the manifold and register on a boost gauge, likewise if he took his charger and fitted it to something that flows very badly like a R5 GTT he would probably see well over 30psi from the same amount of flowed air.

Boost is a combined measurement of how well the forced induction is working and how badly the engine is working.
So in the case of this fan which is no doubt measured at tickover to show 1.7psi registering its probably not going to flow enough air to even manage to allow the engine to breathe as normal with the added restriction, you can certainly guarentee it wouldnt be suffiecent to maintain that boost level at 6Krpm on an xe.

Hope that helps

NJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.