Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 5dr Mk3 astra that has standard 15" alloys, but would like to put 17's on. Would I require any mods to do this so the wheels don't rub? and if so what offset is recommended?

·
Registered
660 Posts
My 3dr Astra has no problem running 17's. My offset is 42, I think 42-49 is what you should have (with 49mm being better)

Matt

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
my 97 5 door has 17's they are summit like et38 BUT on mine the lip on the rear arch is about an inch thick so coz these wheels where the wrong offset i just attacked that lip with a grinder coz it was a bit too close for comfort :p oh and lowered -40mm

hth

tom

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Well i have a 5 door with 17"s et42 and am gonna lower it 40mm all round next week......... hope there is no problems!

O

·
0 Posts
ive got 17" et35 on my astra mk3, and its slammed -60mm with 13st of ice in t'boot!

no arch mods needed here!

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
mine was sledgehammered;) -83mm on ET40 17s with no catching at all

the mk3s got shed loads of room for 17s

O

·
0 Posts
DaveB said:
Mines just lowered 60mm, not slammed like Ollys :p lmao
fek orrffff

there is a reason mine is slammed and yours is lowered!!!

I'm a phat bastid - and you ain't

·
Registered
58 Posts
Astra on 17's

Dave B
Had a look at your motor, nice tasteful mods not over done looks the biz.
Ever thought about some old school dadging on the front?

·
Registered
686 Posts
I've got a Mk3 Astra Sport 3dr.

Lowered 40mm at the front, 60mm Rear
7X18" HT3 Et 45

No rubbing at all with 5 up, can still get full lock.

·
91,273 Posts
Mines lowere 10mm, apparently, and running 17'' et35's, not rubbing apart from some overzelus speed bumping.

I've noticed since i've put my 17's on its alot more tail happy. Is it just the offset or general 17's characteristic?

Sorry to Hi-Jack

H

·
0 Posts
just a couple of questions!
Do 18" wheels fit fine without any mods ??
Also i've heard from one of my m8's that 40mm lowering is the lowest you need to go if ur only looking to improve the handleing as further than that doesn't make any difference??
cheers

·
91,273 Posts
As far as i know if you want to put 18's on you'll have to get the arches rolled.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts