Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what mods have got to be done to a nova to fit 17s? ive got 16s fitted at the moment which are 7 inch wide and the car is lowerd 50 mm.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
trickyb said:
what mods have got to be done to a nova to fit 17s? ive got 16s fitted at the moment which are 7 inch wide and the car is lowerd 50 mm.
For starters, make sure the offset on the wheels is ET45. Any higher or lower than that and you'll start increasing the scrubbage problems. Stick to 205/40 tyres, or 195/45 if you can find some (I think it's Pirelli that do these for 17").
Most of the time there is a bit of flaring to be done to the rear arches after rolling them. A lot of it might depend on whether the rear beam is central to the car or not.

Cheers,
Kieran

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rear beam

i think that my rear beam is out,i get rubbing on the outer arch on the drivers side at the moment and rubbing on the passenger side inner arch. how can i sort this out or cant it be sorted.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't think there is a cure for this (besides ripping the rear chassis apart and starting again lol). It was common fault on most Novas. You'll rarely find one with a beam that isn't offset. My Mk1 shell is like yours - all the trouble came from the drivers side outer arch, no trouble on the passenger side though. The Mk2 shell I have is offset to the passenger side instead. I guess I can't win lmao.
What offset are your 16" wheels? Just wondering if they might be less than ET45. I had 15" TSW Evo R's (ET40) on the Mk1 and on the passenger side, there was only about 2-3mm between the inside of the tyre and the inner arch. I'd imagine that with ET45 wheels, it would've rubbed constantly!

Cheers,
Kieran

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wheels

my wheels are et 49 i think so they stick out quite a way. im gonna mod the passenger side at the weekeng with a big hammer.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I have 17's on my mk 2, with a valver lump.
Front and rear arches are cut and rolled, my car is lowered alot(about 80mm), and I do get plenty of scrubbage.
The tryres are 205/40 all round.
I cant get full lock on the passenger side as it hits the gearbox.
They look good though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.