Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question.

Going to buy a phone that works with Vodafone and it's currently on 02.

Did O2 used to be called something else ? Are they One2One ? :eek:

What I want to know is will I be able to plug in a T-Mobile or Virgin or One2One Sim and it will work ?

If not what does a new Sim cost that will work with it ? and what are the standard call charges ?

Thanks very much...

L

·
0 Posts
Andy I have a brand new unregistered O2 sim card thats pay as you go.

If you put £10 of credit on it every month you get 300 free texts too

·
Registered
659 Posts
O2 used to be cellnet. I think you can put and O2 card in a vodafone phone and vice versa. Anything else and you will need to unlock your phone. Bloke on my market does it for £10, just a case of putting a code in i think?

Andy

·
Registered
15,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Humm... Thanks for the info...

Nothings as simple as you think in life....

Humm. Just remembered that O2 give them free sims away now and then don't they..

So could I take the phone to a highstreet store and get the phone unlocked ? eg. Carphone Warehouse. Or is it illegal ?
Will give them a ring..... I guess... They don't print there bloody number on any of their mail..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Try the SIM first. I thought it was just Ornage and OnetoOne that locked the phones.

I doubt Carphone Warehouse would do it, but all the smaller, independent phone shops will do.

SOOTY

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Orange/T-Mobile and Virgin buy the phones from the manufacturer, re-do the software, lock the phones and sell them repackaged to the public. When you buy most contract phones with o2 or Vodafone, you're buying the phone as the manufacturer intended (ie unlocked)and o2/Voda subsidise the cost of the phone.

This is what happened 3 years ago when I worked in a phone shop. I presume its pretty much the same now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts