Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going round a roundabout noticed a honda civic type r (new shape) coming across, pulled level with me, then well...it went...i attempted to catch it up but gave up within seconds as he kept pulling and pulling.

what spec do these things have?
lovely car looks wise, and seemed to have no problems shifting

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
About on the money for current hyper hatches.
Ie: 170BHP/tonne, 0-60 in 6.8s and 15.2s 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Nice cars, cheap on insurance for the speed they pump out but for a good un your lookin £15k :mad: :(

Maybe when my kid grows up i`ll get a spin in one when it becomes their learner car lmao

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Standard new shape civics look poo, but the Type-r in Black, hmmmm, so damn good lookin! I wish my dad had got one instead on the ST170 when he was car hunting, much more for your money performance wise.

Dave

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
Clio Cup better value for money.
Standard Civic looks poo.
Like Fiesta, that looks poo.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
"With 197bhp and 144lb/ft of torque you can guarantee this little pocket rocket wont dissapoint. Other features include Alcantar Recaro seats, 17" wheels, and suspension devloped at Germanys very own Nurburgring."

Other features include: Air conditioning, Radio CD Player, Ventilated Brake Discs, Skirts and Spoilers, Sports Steering Wheel and Titanium Gear Knob. It generally outclasses all of its competitors and is quite simply the best hot hatch on the market by far. Honda currently make some of the strongest most reliable engines in the world, so you can thrash this one all day long, and the only thing you`ll need to worry about is the fuel bill.

But then again....

INTEGRA TYPE R
Astonishing acceleration, handling and braking performance. A superbly respnsive unity between machine and driver. The Integra Type R is pure sporty driving pleasure, and its sharp and solid lines clearly express the fighting spirit within.

But wait...

NSX TYPE R (concept vehicle)
As the first to benefit from Honda's achievements on the racing circuit, the NSX could almost be called the original Type R, Honda has once again boosted its sporting apirit. The new model has been lightened wherever possible through the use of carbon fiber and ultra-lightweight materials, Witness the ongoing evolution and refinement of Honda's sport-minded approach to getting around !

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
bit of a cRap Ride appaRently, due to the haRsh suspension settings

Theres a new type S coming out which is like the Type R's baby brother.

it looks cack though,

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
oh yes but plenty of ££££££££££ :(

·
Registered
4,086 Posts

Integra Racing Type R From £11995 + VAT

The Racing Type-R is the ultimate affordable track weapon, whether you're after a fun track-day tool or full-blown racecar the Racing Type-R fits the bill.

The last Integra Type-R brought track thrills and technology to the road in a sensational package, Honda had to think carefully about their new model. Thankfully the new Integra Type-R is faster, looks better, stops quicker and has more all-round performance than ever before.

The previous Integra's 1.8 litre engine gets replaced by a more powerful and flexible 2.0 litre i-VTEC unit, Pumping out 220 bhp @ 8000rpm and 206Nm of torque at 7000rpm, slashing its quarter mile time. The increased engine power is contained by the phenomenal force of the Brembo brakes.

The enhanced power is matched by a newly developed 6-speed manual gearbox offers superb feel and short shift change, while chassis rigidity and suspension settings come in for huge improvements.

The Racing Type-R takes the concept even further, gone are the weight inducing luxury equipment leaving a focused car born for the track.

With the options to buy 'Packs'...

Road pack
12 months road tax and number plates
UK Road preparation including lightweight underseal
UK light conversion
Front and rear carbon fibre panels
Interior covers
Spare Wheel Foam
Titanium finished leather Steering wheel

Handling Pack
Up rated suspension springs
Bumpsteer adjustments
Up rated Anti-roll bar
Chassis revisions
4-wheel laser alignment set-up with Track settings

Track Pack
Full roll cage with removable door bars
Fire Extinguisher
Drilled Alloy Pedals
Embroidered Racing Seat with harnesses
Titanium finished leather Steering wheel
Up rated braided brake hoses

Basically the racing version is stripped and race prepped and imported at a cheaper price due to lack of interior etc

·
Registered
755 Posts
mmmmmmm i drove one of works pool cars (accord vtec sport) the other day and it was poo proper proper poo
try keeping in 3rd at 30 and it wasnt having it kept having to drop it to 2nd then keep the speed just over 30 (sorry officer) to keep it in third
the ride was pap as well no dampers i think
over 4000 revs on the motorway and she was happy as a pig in poo pulling nice and performing well (thats when the stiff suspension came in handy) but i couldnt have a car like that especially for town driving
wonder if the type r is similar...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Eric,

There would be no comparrison (sp!) between the Civic Type R and the 1.8 Accord Sport (same engine as any normal 1.8 Accord).

You can not compare the SOHC VTEC engines to the DOHC ones found in the old Vti's and the Type R's as they are designed more for fuel economy that power.

Where abouts in the North East are you from ? as I could take you out for a spin in the Integra to demonstrate the difference between the Accord 1.8 and the Integra 1.8.

Regards

Dave

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I saw an Integra Type R last night at Stevenage Leisure Park. I heard it first and thought it was a ****ing motorbike. Those things scream when they are revved! It bombed past, good acceleration on them!

Dave

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Driven an accord sport (Vtec) before then a accord type R...No comparison....

:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts