Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
helpp.....
ok was changing my bulbs this morning as my reverse lights were blown.
and the metal frame thing that the rear clusters srew into fell off and the lenses broke....

now this frame business is it suppose to be fixed to the body or do they come off ?
just a little worry as it just fell off when the lense snapped...

now need a set of rear light clusters for the back.. dont suppose anyone has an old set around that they wanna flog very cheap.. they need to be complete with the bulb holder thing as mine is rusted due to a leaking light resess

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NickWebb said:
i think i have got some GTE one lying around some where, i will have a look at the week end
ooh i hope so :)

let us know. need them badly as I have no rear lights at the mo and need to drive back and too to work... trust me to be working lates too :)

can you comment on the metal frame thing or you not sure if its suppose to come off ?

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
EEErrrr.... if its the metalwork that the cluisters attach to then no its not supposed to come off! But I could be wrong!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vauxmark said:
EEErrrr.... if its the metalwork that the cluisters attach to then no its not supposed to come off! But I could be wrong!
yeh its the metal work. i unscrewed the top not to get the cluster out and the top bit just fell off..... there is no weld marks or owt on it so cant see how it was stuck on if it was...........
i hope it just clips on otherwise im screwed...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just been told by a couple of mates that they work on preasure and are not fixed in any way shape or form.
the cluster screws into the metal plates and when they are tightened up they are pressed against the body and this makes them tight...
is this true.

the plate is the little triangle one that the top bolt screws into on the light.

·
Registered
621 Posts
. Those bits do come off. They do work on pressure to hold them in place, so don't worry. The other thing is when you put your new clusters back on, remember to seal them with silicone or something watertight that if need be can be pryed off. I didn't and for months i had little puddles in my boot.

Andy

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Astra said:
. Those bits do come off. They do work on pressure to hold them in place, so don't worry. The other thing is when you put your new clusters back on, remember to seal them with silicone or something watertight that if need be can be pryed off. I didn't and for months i had little puddles in my boot.

Andy
thank god.

still got no rear clusters as mine are broke in half.. need to find someone with a pair plus the centres that hold the bulbs.
need them soon a cheap.

all the scappy's around me have had them wipped out :(

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
think i have a set of plain astra ones that you can have for free if you collect as i dont have time for post office and stuff.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
damon lagrue said:
think i have a set of plain astra ones that you can have for free if you collect as i dont have time for post office and stuff.
where are you.
im in derbyshire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts