Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my brakes are about dead and i know they suffer from constant disc warp and that the brakes are frankly crap.

whats a good brake upgrade on the mk2, needs to be stuff you can get from a scrappy and just bung on ...
currently running standard steel 13`s untill body work is done then will go for some 15`s and have it lowered.

help gents please need to be able to stop and good.

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
You need 15" wheels for the upgrade of disks.Go for the calipers off an sri cavalier/gte astra 16v/astra GSi 16v they all share the same calipers/vented disks.

Check for sale as they come up often.

Or if you have £200 spare get the v6 conversion.caliper/disks/pads from dave (notnormal) or Autovaux do it as well.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Or, get the early ATE calipers from a small engined Cacalier, these have a different slider, slightly larger piston and you can still use the same discs and pads as standard. VERY effective. And cheap.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HAHAA DAN .. I KNOW HOW THAT FEELS...

ok thinking of going for the cav idea.... there are loads in the scrappy by me but not sure what year to get the bits off.

what can i just pull of the car, takr home, give them a good clean and put on the astra.

list of bits would be good...

is it just the 2 disk's and 2 calipers... or more..

cheers
all

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so what cavs should i look at then for the bits.
any or anything before a certain reg/yr

A

·
0 Posts
ive have a complete set of calipers and pads in my garage off of a cav gsi. Calipers for the back make a big difference. They're not mine - just keeping them in storage for a friend. Dwarf or Weekenny will give you a price if your interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts