Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all hi boys and girls :thumb: i have just recently started using this forum but some of you may know me from Corsa-c. Anyway having owned my latest project a while now i thought i would start a progress thread. The first part of the thread will be me playing catch up.

So having sold my pride an joy, a Mitsubishi Evo MR FQ and replacing it with an Astra van in order to start up a business i was feeling the need for some more speed in my life.

Browsing on the net i found this Astra Sri that was cheap, as i was working on a tight budget i couldn't go for a Gsi. The Astra was a non runner and wasn't in the best condition, the turbo had blown and the paint didn't look the best but i still wanted it. :face:
So i hired a tow truck and a driver and set off to north wales.

here are a few shots from the previous owner.

Just a standard Sri as you would expect. finally got this bact to the unit and began to see what the damage was.

i opened the boot to find all this in the back.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Black ones are faster, it's a scientific fact

I kind of miss mine, it looked like a normal SRi so never got a second glance...the GSi and worse the 888 are bellend magnets. Can't go drive in traffic without some muppet sat up my arse

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So as the turbo had gone i thought i may as well get the vxr unit and go phase 3.5

When i finally put all the pipework back on the air intake was here :lmao:

It was a good idea but i but it back to standard.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Black ones are faster, it's a scientific fact

I kind of miss mine, it looked like a normal SRi so never got a second glance...the GSi and worse the 888 are bellend magnets. Can't go drive in traffic without some muppet sat up my arse
:lmao: yea i guess its better when catch people of guard, i think its just the rear of these cars tbh. They do look sporty from the back.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Biggest bollock I dropped with mine was fitting the turbo badge on the boot...it was tailgate-tastic after that. 90% of those were just seeing if it was just a boot badge tho

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once this was all fitted it was time to fire her up..... this didn't go so well. She ran but there was hesitation under load, you could put your foot on the peddle come off and 2 seconds later the engine would rev.
After going over all the wiring me and a friend could not see what was wrong, i had ordered a new ecu as the previous owner advised me the one on there had fried but still wouldn't work.
A friend of mine had Tis so he come over and everything was pointing back to the ecu..... turns out i had brought another fried one :face:

Finally she ran perfect for a while but then the clutch was slipping with the new power so it was time for an uprated clutch

having my own vinyl wrapping business come in handy and i thought i would tint the windows whilst the car was in.

nothing two dark on these

It seems i have had some bad luck with this car as a couple of months later the head gasket blew, and a few months after that this happened.

Luckily i wasn't traveling fast and it was on the rear.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Decided to move this side gauge

to this

And then there was another disaster... driving along and i gave it some boot an i hear a bang, didn't think much of it at the time i thought i may have backfired. it was only a few mins later later when the heater was pumping out freezing cold air that i realised something was up.

my core plug had blown and it was one at the rear to make it worse.....

again she was striped down as i wanted to fit the up-rated rubber oil line to the turbo

months passed and nothing happened until i hit a pot hole with my right wheel, very time i went over a bump or hill i would get a clunk from the steering wheel, next day my nearside iner cv decided to fall apart as i was driving so that was replaced along with both wishbones, track rods and droplinks, the noise has gone so that seems to of solved the issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nearly finished guys :D

picked up some Vectra Gsi Phase 1 alloys

As you can see there not in the best condition so i had the boys at SCR Audio referb and spray them.

Fitted them last weekend after having them in storage over the winter.

Im thinking some spacers at the rear not sure what size tho maybe 15mm - 20mm?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Smart looking car. Always liked the mk4 shape, the rear lights are cool too. ��
Thanks mate, i have always liked this shape for its age it doesn't look to dated.

You've not had much luck with the Sri have you.

Looking good now though. I'd have kept the wheels silver as I'm not a fan of black wheels.
No not much luck, i think its because of the age and mileage tbh.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool it was running Courtenay stage 2
Yea I have a rr print out somewhere, looks like you looked after her when you had her.

When I picked her up she wasn't in the best state.

I did think a previous owner may have been on here as there was a migweb sticker on the rear window.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Picked up a lower mileage box with a helix competition clutch and halo/angel eye headlights from AstraRat yesterday. :thumb: A top guy once again sorry for being so late.

This will stay in storage until i start my build.

Quick snap outside my mates unit

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol shes been good this month touch wood, but what can you expect for her age :lmao: im just trying to nurse her whilst i do this big build

1 - 20 of 26 Posts