Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Guessing at paragraphs - to try encourage others to read it...

Ladies, gents, people from Oban...
If you're reading this then it's safe to say you still have some interest in Migweb and assuming your car hasn't disolved during the winter or you haven't defected to the stanced VAG scene, then this is for you...

It's not gone unnoticed that the region along with Mig on the whole has been quieter of late - few reasons for this; the growth of Pussbook and it's 26 million Vauxhall focussed pages, people defecting to the stanced VAG scene and a lack of money at this time of year and perhaps, interest.

Now, being up here... in the north, miles away from the centre of the universe that is Bedford we're faced with the unenviable task of trying to keep 26,000 square miles of Scotland involved and interested and with minimal events happening up here, it ain't easy. But, we have one 'major' event coming up in April as the annual 'Viva Vauxhall' event returns to Crail Raceway in Fife.

It's Crail... you'll get sunburn and pneumonia and you're forced to drive through Fife to get there but don't let that put you off, some of us even have to live there. It is however Scotland's only current (watch this space!) Vauxhall event this year and is a great opportunity to meet up with rest of Team Scotland ahead of the sumemr shows such as PVS and Billing later in the year. Also a great chance to remove a few millimeters of tread and have a crack a getting e-coli at the burger van. All for a tenner.

So, if you could be so kind as to have a quick look at the thread in the Scottish Region and have a think about heading up for the day. Hell even Scotty is coming from Oban and that is a specticle not to be missed. get your names down, get the cars cleaned and get along for a bit banter and to support the region, the club, the Vauxhall scene in Scotland, Greasy Gordons botchalism van, Scotland, our oil industry and the makers of Buckfast. Viva Vauxhall @ Crail Raceway - Sunday 27th April 2014 Cheers!

·
Administrator
61,449 Posts
2040... of which 320 have posted since the first of January? Safe to say that's 320 individuals, not 320 posts full stop!

Still, just goes to show there's a lot of guys out there using the forum but not getting involved on a regional level.

When you see numbers like that, makes you wonder why it's such an effort to get more than 10 cars to attend an event!

How do we attract those who don't get involved; free donuts? Get some promo skanks? Violence?
Sadly, no one seems interested on bugger all. No one wants to use their cars, or do anything fun anymore...
Our meets down here had to be moved a few years ago, cause where where getting 20+ cars turn up... Now we cant get 6 people to come....

I've since sent a block PM to all Scottish radgies...

Due to a unfathomable website something or other that even Steven Hawkings doesn't get, my beautifully laid out paragraphs came out like this...

....which looks pish and is a nightmare to read but solution to this issue is WAAAAAAAY more technical than I am plus by the time I'd sent it, it was too late to go raking through the abyss that is Migweb trying to suss out how to send a block PM without it coming out looking like it was a group effort by the kids in Primary 1.

Also retitled this thread to encourage all region based spraffing pish sessions to take place in here. But this ain't the Samaratins son, naebody cares if you're a bit upset by the fact Rachels nipples are always erect and thus you have been so distracted, your Nova has only got one wheel bolt per corner and is now upside down in Farmer Fred's cow field...
I did manage to fix this, but you need to write and send your bulk pm in IE with the Editoral (AXA) button, then it will write the thread how you write it. It's all down to the way the "hack" was written for Mike back in the day.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks to Benn ^

I'd be up for the promo skanks :lmao:

I suppose that's all it is, advertising/word of mouth....... the more people that know, hopefully will mean more people will come.......

Fingers crossed, we seem to be getting some response

·
Registered
41 Posts
Im all in all a newbie to MIG and back in a vauxhall, be at crail without fail. Towing the car up so the big red rapey van will be easily spotted

·
Scottish Regional Co-ordinator
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Yes!

I feel that as a region, we were lacking somebody with a rapey van.

You'll fit in well here.

·
Registered
626 Posts
if i get to know about the Scottish region meets, and my cav is actually working, i will try my best to attend, espeicially in the Fife area, a lot easier for me to get to Fife than it is to get to billing etc. Ads

·
Registered
11,854 Posts
Here's a show I went to last year, it was actually really good, loads of cool old 70/80s machinery to look at. They've got a modern "interesting" area that I'm going to try to put the Cavalier in to (provided I still have it...) :lmao:.

Thirlestane Castle Rally-2014

Plus there's a few various pubs en route that do steak pie :lmao:.

141 - 155 of 155 Posts