Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
They have the same bore spacing, although I've only heard of the XE with the MI16 head. This combination releases more grunt than the XE, so it may not have been such a good idea using the XE head.

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
compression seems to be a key factor gary, would be interesting to measure the two chamber sizes, could make for a very interesting conversion for turboing etc. (well in one direction only obviously!)

Chip

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
yeah, mi head i mean, i mated them up at the workshop after something chip mentioned...i wouldnt do it, put it that way (in fact i laughed at the setup) so am impressed someones put it into a racecar and obviously/hopefully made it reliable

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
16vastra, dont be shy, tell us more about *exactly* what you found and why you didnt like it.

Im still half considering the idea, so if i can learn from you why not to bother it will save me the hassle!!!

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
one mans humour is another mans sorrow
its very restrictive gallery wise, i would never bother fitting them together, but others obviously have so have a butchers at the 2, see what you think
custom gasket would be useful too as neither lined up properly (mind you neither does the z20let but many do just drill them and fit anyway)
the xe gasket shrouded the valve area and both didnt line up for galleries iirc
i didnt spend more than 20 seconds on it tbh as it was too much effort for the gain imo

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
Fair enough, i dont think the oil and water ways are too crucial though, i know people like RDS run the z20let gasket and thats a mile away as you said.

Are the studs in exactly the right place to line up with the block and still position the head correctly?

Custom gasket wouldnt be a problem to me, i know someone good at that sort of thing.

Chip

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
PS

if you still have the gaskets lieing around, any chance of a picture of each one against the respective head and block, it XE gasket on mi head and mi gasket on XE block?

Chip

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.