Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When he picked up some slicks off my mate John.. Tell you what that astra is nice on pictures, but gorgeous in the *flesh!* To those who have been near it... "MY EARS!" god it's loud :D:D

We took him down to our local meet at the Arnison centre in Durham, and we pulled into the car park in the order of me, Bren, John Humphries.. people turned there heads at 3 astra turbo's and were gawping in wonder when we popped our bonnets ;)

Of course Bren had to show off purging his nitrous system ;);)

Nice meeting you Bren, see you at PV! :)

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True, we all had a play and Bren came out top.. but hey, he's not far shy of 400bhp and we are kicking around 280bhp each! (John a little less he's running at 6psi) not taking anything away from bren, cos he won big time :)

Was cool the attention we got lmao, I pulled in after racing and beating a little stripped out Reliant Kitten with a 3.5 v6 in it and was greeted by a pppppppppppsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttt from bren's purging lmao, they loved it!

Mojo, didn't see you up the arni... where were ya?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And unfortunatly no pics no... didnt have my camera with me, only camera phone and that sucks for night pics :(

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Hi Neil, thanks for the kind words and sorry about your ears, next time i come past you you may wanna wind your window up ha ha.

I wanna point out that I havn't been bragging to everyone about our little races, Rik is Helen's (my missus) brother, she told him without me knowing, All our cars are rapid, we had a few good races amongst ourselves and with other cars we met up with.
I couldn't believe the kitten you raced, propper drag car with what looked like 2foot wide tyres on each rear wheel, and you caned it in a straight line. nice 1, you get bonus points for that..

I had a great night, didn't get in until 12.20 and I was up for work at 3.30am so 'im still a little tired, but it was worth it.
See you soon, maybe at Ponty on the 30th if your all still coming down.

Regards Bren

ps, that Angel of the North looks well scary at night, thought they'd have shone some lights onto it to make it look more inviting.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
It nsounds like the same one, people were talking about 13 seconds quarters before he set of after neil when he went to mac d's,
Neil saw he was following so went straight past Maccy d's and onto the main stretch where they do all the racing,
It was a race from standstill to maybe 115mph, i'm not totally sure, what I do know is that Neil was easily in front at the halfway point.

I was totally amazed at the outcome, even the noise was great as it was late and both exhausts just seemed to echo in the midnight air.

The kitten had two people in as did neils Astra

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
He was giving it big licks around the car park 20 mins before the race and it looked fairly impressive,

He didn't return to the car park all night after they raced, I don't know where he went.

I wish i'd taken my camera as there were quite a few nice cars there.

We got quite a crowd come and ask questions as we pulled up and popped the bonnets, everyone was really nice, was a pleasant surprise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.