Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me lords for questioning the clock of thy site, every tick of which brings joy to my heart in the way that the beat of a mothers heart does to a baby safely nestling within her womb, but the its digits my lord, i fear they are not correct.

It appears to be exactly 2 decades too fast in fact.

NJ

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
To take the simplest level first, 'perfection' as a term is always relative. It is relative to a context, relative to standards set or recognized as relevant. It is also relative to expectations, and so to the dynamic and painful, contradictory and compelling, pattern of human relationships. A great deal of misdirected energy goes into perfecting other people, coupled with a **refusal to learn anything at all, let alone to be told
anything by anyone else**. This involves something tricky and even *treacherous*, which has a lot to do with perfectionism, fussiness and sheer bloody-mindedness. Such perfectionism, indeed, has given the very notion of perfection a bad name, making it static and tyrannical, and making the notion of perfectibility seem at best a fantasy myth in politics. No wonder, then, it is the prevailing fashion among right-wing thinkers to turn their noses against perfectibility; *though few miggers would have the courage to turn their noses directly against the Founding Fathers*, they will readily turn their noses against their ideas -- all in the name of being miggers. This has happened before. It happened in reference to Buddha. It happened in reference to Christ. It happened, to a lesser extent, in reference to earlier teachers like Krishna and later Teachers like Pythagoras. It certainly happened a great deal in reference to mike warner

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cemesis, i do believe that the person you are reffering to never made that exact statement.
Possibly they said that the management sucks, and if they didnt run around like little children with a new toy using the admin tools they wouldnt have to be as busy as they moan they are, and its a shame to have to put up with them, but thankfully the site is still useful in spite of them.
Often things succeed in spite of the way they are managed not because of them, and yet if people are arrogant enough they will still try and take credit for what someone else has painted purely because they provided the canvas.

Have a good weekend my friend

NJ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.