Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesturday i was drivimg about and had to go into halfords to geta few bits, when i pulled into the car park the rad fan was on, so i let it idle till it cooled down, went in, got what i needed and came back oput to start the car and it wouldnt start, it would turn over and i could hear the fuel pump prime but it wasnt firing, so i took out a pulg and they were bone dry, so i checked the crank sensor wires and they were fine, tried again and nothing, fiddled about for about unpluging bits and bobs and after 10 minutes or so i started up again, this is the 3rd time it has done this but it has only done it since the new engine has been inplace, any ideas?

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
hmm, it's just that I had a hot start problem with one of the plastic CAS (weaker signal)

I guess the metal ones could also cause probs.

try swapping the one in you used to have.

the reason they can cause starting problems is that the signal strength is proportional to rpm (ish) - so once the engine is started it'll be fine (if that's what the problem was)

can't think of anything else that would stop the ECU firing the injectors - unless it's the ECU itself of course - and being an MBE I wouldn't rule that out, judging from the problems I had.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
guides will be here tomorrow hopefully - then I can finish the tool I've been making and knock those buggers out, ideally I'd like to get it off for cleaning at the weekend, but I suspect it'll more like early next week.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
fear not - I can put the new guides in as well, and hopefully cut the seats (expecting the cutters on Wed) once I've got the hang of them on a practice head.

only thing I haven't organised yet is a reamer of the right size, to size the guides properely (otherwise the valves might pick up and sieze) - but SCE should be able to do that for a reasonable amount - about £30 or so for just 8 probably

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
if nothing shows up, what I'd do is take a couple logs of cranking when cold, then a few more when warm - and check the graphs of the CAS input carefully - look for anything odd that might show the ECU is losing sync with the actual rpm.

and don't forget the ECU itself if you can't find anything.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.